Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Don't understand why this thread keeps getting bumped. He hasn't started a premier league game all season and has played a total of 20 minutes with sub appearences. The squad player there he should've been here.

Everytime I see Burnley though I always think Lowton has developed into a very solid full back for them.

There's a player I rated and in a better system and feel around the club I think he'd have been a good long term player for us so someone bump his thread from about May 2015.

"Westwood can count himself unfortunate not to be in the league team right now. Looked really good last season and what bits we've had from him this season has been good too". 

"I wouldn't class Westwood or Arfield as fringe players they will get plenty of Premier League game time this season".

"I thought Westwood bought a physicality we haven't really seen before".

"Agree with this (Westwood bringing a physicality we haven't really seen before). Wouldn't mind seeing him have a run in the team alongside Cork and Defour".

"I'll go with that too. Think Westwood can play a big part for us this season".

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Don't understand why this thread keeps getting bumped. He hasn't started a premier league game all season and has played a total of 20 minutes with sub appearences. The squad player there he should've been here.

Everytime I see Burnley though I always think Lowton has developed into a very solid full back for them.

There's a player I rated and in a better system and feel around the club I think he'd have been a good long term player for us so someone bump his thread from about May 2015.

I didn't mind Lowton but always thought Westwood had a bit more quality than him. 

Edited by Michael118

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Blimey, who are their usual central midfield pair, Stephen Merchant and Rodney Trotter?

I never understood that criticism of him to be honest. I wouldn't have called him a physical player or a player that lacked physicality. I think he's tenacious, works hard and can play at a high tempo so that's probably what they mean.

Edited by Michael118

Ashley Westwood tackles pitch invader after he shoved team mate James Tarkowski in fierce derby

hi-res-9156ccf48d78b6380e3ca9adeffa4f2a_

nintchdbpict000347564927-e1503518392385.

ASHLEY WESTWOOD took down a pitch invader after he shoved team mate James Tarkowski during Burnley's derby against Blackburn. The Claret's midfielder intervened as the fan legged it towards the visitors during the Cotton Mills Derby. Swansea loanee Jack Cork fired the visitors into the lead by turning in Robbie Brady's cross. And as his team mates celebrated the strike, a man ran towards the players from the stands and confronted Tarkowski. Westwood took the man to the ground following a melee before he was taken from the field by stewards and the game was able to continue.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4308168/pitch-invader-blackburn-vs-burnley-ashley-westwood/

Edited by Michael118