Joe Bennett

Si.

I feared the worst but Bennett proved me wrong, excellent. Will Bertrand automatically take his place next match?

Personally I think he will. Not because Bennett played badly, of course not, but because Bertrand himself hasn't done anything wrong and would have played today if he was allowed to.

• Like 1

Played well today, the first chance he's really had since injury and he kept Hazard/Willian quiet for the most part.

Have to say though he was a bit lucky Vlaar was with him when he got his card, some refs would've definitely sent him off for that. And that's not refusing to give him credit, as I actually like Bennett and I'm one of his "fans".

Bertrand should definitely regain his place as he has performed good over a number of games. It's good that Bennett showed he is capable of coming in and putting in a solid performance as we need the likes of him to step to Premier League level and provide competition. 

Lambert does have a thing for not dropping players if they play well, so it'll be interesting to see if he picks Bennett next match

Bertrand has been playing well though. Tough call.

Hold on. Just let this moment sink in. Villa have a dilemma on who to pick at left back... Because two are playing really well.

Â