Joe Bennett

Si.

He's hopeless, a real risk in every game he plays. Honestly think Luna is marginally better, I'd rather keep him for next season. At least he's shown promise at some points. Bennett needs to re-learn his technique from scratch, ideally at some other club. 

Just don't think he is cut out for this level, or at least not any time soon. The way he practically runs away from players who run at him is horrible

I thought he did OK today.

Really?

Made the blatant mistake I know, but he just didn't look up for it at all. His runs forward looked half arsed and as I said, whenever a player runs at him he literally runs away from them and points at the position he thinks they'll go to. 

I don't necessarily think it is technique or ability that lets him down, but in terms of mentality I just can't seem him making it at this level.

And not of the other players did? Our players make basic mistakes week in week out.

Funny how he was given a good ovation when he was substituted when he was apparently so poor.

I'm not saying the lad is a world beater but he is a much better player than the intelligentsia of Villa Talk seem to think he is and for me much better than Luna

• Like 2

He started off well yday, for the 1st half hour he was one of the better players, keeping the ball, attacking and overlapping, playing good short penetrative passes, then he played a bad pass to Baker, they broke away and should have scored, straight after he gave the ball away again, and he never picked up after that.

As someone said earlier, there is a player there, but he is the most fragile of a fragile team, and i fear he may never get over it.

• Like 1

Just don't think he is cut out for this level, or at least not any time soon. The way he practically runs away from players who run at him is horrible

I thought he did OK today.

Really?

Made the blatant mistake I know, but he just didn't look up for it at all. His runs forward looked half arsed and as I said, whenever a player runs at him he literally runs away from them and points at the position he thinks they'll go to. 

I don't necessarily think it is technique or ability that lets him down, but in terms of mentality I just can't seem him making it at this level.

And not of the other players did? Our players make basic mistakes week in week out.

Funny how he was given a good ovation when he was substituted when he was apparently so poor.

I'm not saying the lad is a world beater but he is a much better player than the intelligentsia of Villa Talk seem to think he is and for me much better than Luna

I'm saying that the blatant mistake was, well, blatant. But that isn't why I think he played poorly, I also said I think there is something there in terms of him having the ability.

As Rotterdam says, his head dropped and mentally he just doesn't seem tough enough to cope

I think he's a decent player tbh. I think his problem is his confidence and once that one mistake happens his shoulder drop the crown get on his back all of a sudden it's Joe Bennett from last season.

I think a loan move would sort this kid out

I think he's a decent player tbh. I think his problem is his confidence and once that one mistake happens his shoulder drop the crown get on his back all of a sudden it's Joe Bennett from last season.

I think a loan move would sort this kid out

I agree, a loan move next season would hopefully give him a boost

He started off well yday, for the 1st half hour he was one of the better players, keeping the ball, attacking and overlapping, playing good short penetrative passes, then he played a bad pass to Baker, they broke away and should have scored, straight after he gave the ball away again, and he never picked up after that.

As someone said earlier, there is a player there, but he is the most fragile of a fragile team, and i fear he may never get over it.

This 100% look very sharp early on. Makes a mistake and then falls to pieces

I thought he defended alright, but his passing was atrocious.  He'd win the ball, then immediately put Baker under pressure or pass the ball straight back to Fulham in a dangerous position.  He seemed extremely lazy and lacked confidence.  It seemed as if he just tried to get rid of the ball as soon as possible, without taking the time to make a good decision.   I was glad he was subbed off, as Dejagah was giving him a very hard time in the second half and his mistakes would have ended up costing us a goal or two.

I'm amazed there are still people trying to defend him and suggesting we should a stick with him.

He's a bit of an embarrassment and we should try to find a dignified exit for him ASAP.

I like this post because it would also fit perfectly in the Lambert thread.

I'm amazed there are still people trying to defend him and suggesting we should a stick with him. 

He's a bit of an embarrassment and we should try to find a dignified exit for him ASAP.

I just don't get why you and others have such a hatred of Joe Bennett. Your second sentence could apply to the owner, definitely the manager and half our playing squad.

I just don't get why you and others have such a hatred of Joe Bennett. Your second sentence could apply to the owner, definitely the manager and half our playing squad.
I don't know how you could divine from my comment that I "hate Joe Bennett". I don't know him, so have no personal views about him at all. I've just watched him play football and know he isn't up to the level required in the premier league, and never will be, so in a sense it is being kind to ask for him to be him to be found a new opportunity in a club at a more appropriate level.

Â