Joe Bennett

Si.

Great support guys, keep it up. You are doing our club proud.

Really? Grow up? This isn't a Disney movie where we all back him and he ends up becoming the greatest lb in the world.

The guy is garbage and nothing wrong with saying it on an internet message board.

You need to grow up John. Criticising a young kid coming back from a lengthy injury and writing him off so soon, it is pathetic and weak.

I'm writing him off from what I saw before his injury. He's not good enough.

Bennett has had injuries hampering him from the start of his Villa career, it is unfair to write him off at this stage. Burying him is not the right way to go about it.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Great support guys, keep it up. You are doing our club proud.

Really? Grow up? This isn't a Disney movie where we all back him and he ends up becoming the greatest lb in the world.

The guy is garbage and nothing wrong with saying it on an internet message board.

You need to grow up John. Criticising a young kid coming back from a lengthy injury and writing him off so soon, it is pathetic and weak.

I'm writing him off from what I saw before his injury. He's not good enough.

A lot of Villa fans were saying he didn't look good enough before his injury. He got ruined by Zavon Hines (now at Dagenham & Redbridge) and Blair Turgott (19 yo, mostly recently on loan at Rotherham from West Ham [1 app, 0 goals]) in the Bradford away leg, it was criminal.

He's 24 on Friday, so not young in football terms at all.

Awful purchase, any one of our youth team players would have done no worse in his place.

How he's in the squad ahead of Luna and Lowton is a real indictment of Lambo's management credentials. 

It was evident from one of his first performances at VP that he couldn't read the game (he tried to let the ball run out of play but didn't follow it, the winger ran after the ball and kept it in, eventually leading to a corner I believe). I thought it may have been nerves and gave him the benefit of doubt, however, he continued making exactly the same mistake throughout last season. That to me is a basic defensive move and shows that his defensive knowledge is extremely poor.

We then go to his stature, he is tiny. His legs look like they will snap from a ball hitting them and that he will fall over from a gust of wind. He is very easily brushed off the ball or ghosted back.

He is ok in possession when in space, but when under pressure totally panics and loses the ball.

I really have no idea what lambert sees in him.

What is worse, is that saint Vlaar made a much bigger mistake. Bennett did an inexperienced mistake. A minute later it led to a goal. Big deal. Get a grip. Get a life. This season is not defined by this goal. Grow up.

• Like 1

Well...just saw the goal again. No way is the goal a result of Bennett. It is clear Vlaar should have been closer to Remy. It stinks that some 'supporters' only have an agenda against one of our own players.

Well...just saw the goal again. No way is the goal a result of Bennett. It is clear Vlaar should have been closer to Remy. It stinks that some 'supporters' only have an agenda against one of our own players.

Ive nothing against him, quite like him, but he is blatently not Premiership quality. I don't think other teams gagging to buy him in the summer!

Bennett created the situation. If he had been even marginally competent in dealing with the ball the two times he had the chance, Newcastle wouldn't have been attacking in front of goal.

His so-called defending was the worst I have seen for a long time.

Bennett created the situation. If he had been even marginally competent in dealing with the ball the two times he had the chance, Newcastle wouldn't have been attacking in front of goal.

His so-called defending was the worst I have seen for a long time.

Not worse than Vlaar who should have close down Remy. It almost took one hour between Bennett's attempt of clearance and Vlaar's none attempt of closing down Remy.

Â