Joe Bennett

Si.

Really good game from him, I'm not a fan but he was properly concentrating today which he needs to as he just makes basic errors when he isn't.

Tonight gave an indication of the pecking order, Luna didn't even make the bench so it seems he'll be back off to Spain this season as we can't be carrying three lbs in the squad next season.

• Like 1

I loved his last gasp interception on Chelsea's cross through the box that evaded Vlaar and Baker. <br />

<br />

I still prefer Bertrand, but Bennett has shown he can be an able backup.

Lambert does have a thing for not dropping players if they play well, so it'll be interesting to see if he picks Bennett next match

Bertrand has been playing well though. Tough call.

Easy answer, play both of them. Put Bertrand on the wing.

Was very pleased for Joe today. He played very well. I know he has been shocking in the past but I don't think I have felt more sorry for a player than him when we lost to Bradford away and he was torn apart. Coming off the pitch he was devastated and I never thought he would come back from the stick that he took that night.

I believe he should start the next game not Bertrand - his new found confidence needs nurturing and we should not revert to a loan player who IMO will go back to Chelsea at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Big task against willian today

Joe Bennett would struggle up against a breeze, let alone Willian.

You must be disappointed :(

Why would any villa fan rather be proved right over villa doing well? I can only assume that because you think others would that you'd prefer it.

Very strange comment.

Played really well yesterday. 

He seems to have tightened up his defensive positioning as well as obviously bulking up. 

You do have to consider that this could have been Lamberts orders to stay close to his sides attacker and not to push too far up the pitch. However Id like to think he has been watching and learning from Bertrand, time will tell.

If it is the later it bodes well for the future.

Edited by Nigel

Big task against willian today

Joe Bennett would struggle up against a breeze, let alone Willian.

You must be disappointed :(

Why would any villa fan rather be proved right over villa doing well? I can only assume that because you think others would that you'd prefer it.

Very strange comment.

Yes I know. It's bizarre isn't it? Rather than celebrate a magnificent, unexpected victory - some people would rather try and be sour on a messageboard. Very odd.

He was lucky that we didn't have a referee who favoured the top 4 team - something very unusual as if he had he'd have been off. He's not good enough, but was certainly one of his better displays.

Bennett played his best game for us yesterday.

He was excellent, I was worried when I saw his name on the teamsheet but I'm glad he proved me wrong. I didn't think he had a performance like that in him

To be fair Pilchard never came on to retract his comment, even his praise for him is like a back handed compliment.You don't rate him, fair enough, theres current players i don't like, but i hope they prove me wrong.

He played well yday, i prefer Bertrand, but i think Bennett is a much better player than some people on here give him credit for.

To be fair Pilchard never came on to retract his comment, even his praise for him is like a back handed compliment.You don't rate him, fair enough, theres current players i don't like, but i hope they prove me wrong.

He played well yday, i prefer Bertrand, but i think Bennett is a much better player than some people on here give him credit for.

If he keeps playing like he did yesterday then there is no problem for bennett. He needs to do that week in week out. He was poor at Cardiff and he had a mare when he came on at Newcastle to be honest.

He was excellent yesterday, I was pleased for him

Â