Rino8

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe it’s been posted already but the Chelsea side that started and finished the cup final had a lower average age than Liverpool.

Yeah and all Liverpool needed was a £75m centre back to win the game.

In Liverpool's defence, it was more that they won it with several academy graduates in the side, whereas Chelsea's 'kids' cost them about half a billion.

• Like 3

On 22/01/2024 at 12:03, foreveryoung said:

I'm thinking we aint catching Liverpool they look so good I hate to say, but although Arsenal look back on it, it was only a crap Crystal Palace they beat, so I wouldn't be shaking in my boots just yet, with thinking Arsenal will defo finish above us.

The top 3 are better than us right now.....Their performances on a consistent basis, show, we have some way to go.

I don't think in every aspect, but in some aspects, we lag behind, more than others.

I am sure Unai is aware, of where we need to catch up and that is where the WIP will feature.....taking absolutely nothing away from the progress so far.

On 26/01/2024 at 10:45, The_Steve said:

With Klopp leaving at the end of the season can they really find a better name? Huge challenge for the next name 

No chance Klopp is a one off. 

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I see in the build up to tomorrow the cult is at again, Trent saying although they've won less their trophies mean more to their fans 

He’s probably right. Man City win far more trophies then Liverpool, so there’s bound to be more meaning and feeling for the scousers. If someone like Villa, Newcastle, Everton… wins something, anything, it’ll mean more to the fans than City winning their Nth trophy in 5 years.

UEFA appear to be terrified that Liverpool will reach the final of the Europa League in Dublin and they'll be overwhelmed by ticketless fans - there's talk of them having to move the game to Croke Park and its higher capacity in order to cope (although they can't really consider that until Rangers are out).

It must be difficult finding venues for finals.

i'm sure Liverpool fans will behave themselves in Europe, like they always do. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

UEFA appear to be terrified that Liverpool will reach the final of the Europa League in Dublin and they'll be overwhelmed by ticketless fans - there's talk of them having to move the game to Croke Park and its higher capacity in order to cope (although they can't really consider that until Rangers are out).

They seem to find the Wembley cash cow often enough 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I read it as they will just show it on a big screen for ticketless fans at Croke Park?

7 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I read it as they will just show it on a big screen for ticketless fans at Croke Park?

Yep, you're right, that makes a bit more sense (obviously no Rangers though).

11 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Have they ever played football at Croke Park?

They have. Ireland played internationals there when Aviva was getting built. I had the pleasure of seeing a 1-1 draw v Bulgaria where Richard Dunne scored a header, Petrov played as well I recall.

• Like 1

I cannot see the GAA allowing this to happen even if you dont consider the Rangers and also West Ham risk. A load of English fans in Croke Park is not going to go down well 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I cannot see the GAA allowing this to happen even if you dont consider the Rangers and also West Ham risk. A load of English fans in Croke Park is not going to go down well 

They’re Scouse not English 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Longer version

guy is an absolute prick

Question I have is whether he’s always been this way and the media didn’t show it or whether this is a relatively new thing.

I remember at one time he seemed to be an incredibly lighthearted and reasonable guy. Then there was a season (after they’d won the PL I think) where it was a tough time for the team but also him personally (think his father died or something?) and ever since we’ve seen these interviews where he comes across as a grade a tool come through with regularity. 

By his own admission the relentless nature of the job has ground him down to the point he needs to quit. So question (for me) is do his personal issues + being mentally ground down explain these outbursts and he will look back in time and cringe or has he always been like this?  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Question I have is whether he’s always been this way and the media didn’t show it or whether this is a relatively new thing.

I remember at one time he seemed to be an incredibly lighthearted and reasonable guy. Then there was a season (after they’d won the PL I think) where it was a tough time for the team but also him personally (think his father died or something?) and ever since we’ve seen these interviews where he comes across as a grade a tool come through with regularity. 

By his own admission the relentless nature of the job has ground him down to the point he needs to quit. So question (for me) is do his personal issues + being mentally ground down explain these outbursts and he will look back in time and cringe or has he always been like this?  

You might be overthinking it. He's ultra competitive and a bad loser. Like me. can no longer play monopoly with my family. 

• Like 1

Â