Rino8

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

VVD "loyalty" incoming 

Great time to make noise and get a monster contract thrown at you rather than let the fans panic 

Few United players did this just when Fergie left and milked the club with last big deals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

VVD "loyalty" incoming 

Great time to make noise and get a monster contract thrown at you rather than let the fans panic 

Exactly what I thought. Cash in on the instability. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

VVD, s very good defender, but spoken about in some circles as one of the greatest ever. Doesn't make the top 5 of all time prem defenders for me

Same.  He's good, but not great.  He's big and strong, but not particularly quick.  I'd say his game intelligence probably takes him above most midtable defenders, but he's nothing compared to Staam, Rio, Terry.  

I see him more in the realm of Skrtle type good.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Same.  He's good, but not great.  He's big and strong, but not particularly quick.  I'd say his game intelligence probably takes him above most midtable defenders, but he's nothing compared to Paul McGrath.  

I see him more in the realm of Skrtle type good.

Fixed

Virgil van Djik is unsure if he'll still be part of the future at Liverpool once Jurgen Klopp goes.

He'll be 33 with a shonky knee and a fantastic reputation - it's a great opportunity for him to get out with that reputation intact before his body starts letting him down.

Mo Salah will be 32 and his hamstrings are increasingly fragile, he's saying the same things.

I'm not sure why it's being reported like a team of 25 year olds are ditching a sinking ship - if Klopp was staying, there's a fair chance that Salah and van Djik wouldn't be around for too much longer anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Virgil van Djik, is unsure if he'll still be part of the future at Liverpool once Jurgen Klopp goes.

He'll be 33 with a shonky knee and a fantastic reputation - it's a great opportunity for him to get out with that reputation intact before his body starts letting him down.

Mo Salah will be 32 and his hamstrings are increasingly fragile, he's saying the same things.

I'm not sure why it's being reported like a team of 25 year olds are ditching a sinking ship - if Klopp was staying, there's a fair chance that Salah and van Djik wouldn't be around for too much longer anyway.

Totally agree and sadly despite their increasing years and decreasing abilities, some Saudi team will still pay megabucks for them, leaving the new boss a decent budget (even though Liverpool never spend money 😉

• Like 1

It's clear no matter who was the manager that Liverpool would definitely sell Salah this summer to Saudi and to try to sell VVD too. There's a decent rebuild required there and it's a tough task to do that IMO. 

20 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It is a little bit annoying that players like Conor Bradley can just appear out of nowhere for them. He only has one season on loan at Bolton under his belt but just fitted in seamlessly. 

I am sure that will happen with us Unai has only been here a year and is putting in the work behind the scenes.  We are signing these young players with the hope they fit in seamlessly too after getting used to what we are about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why don't these **** ever lose?

Hate to say it, but the whole team are all dedicated to the cause, rarely having stories coming out about them, properly managed, football absolute priority, unlike the Rashfords, Antony's etc.

Fans today crying a river a work 🤣 

Arteta needs to be banned for his celebration , ref was a homer...  never a red card, should have had a penalty.... 

The gift that keeps giving, absolute bunch of spunk trumpets. Never detested a fanbase as much as this lot .

• Haha 1

It’s amazing how when Klopp celebrates in an unnecessarily over the top manner or bellows in the officials’ faces, their fans absolutely love it.

Saying that, Arteta is also a muppet so deserves the stick he’s getting 😬

• Like 1

Â