Rino8

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Three chamions league finals. Broken the 100 point mark in the Premier League. Came close to winning the league several times but Man city too good. Far more to it than what he has won there

Yeah I'm being a bit flippant. I still don't know why we need to hear about it every match until season's end, tho (which we will). 

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Three chamions league finals. Broken the 100 point mark in the Premier League. Came close to winning the league several times but Man city too good. Far more to it than what he has won there

Ifs and Buts

6 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Is 4 trophies in 8 years enough to justify a 4 month period of collective morning? Kinda wish Klopp had kept it to himself until May for the sanity of everyone besides Liverpool fans and the sycophantic media... 

He was a good manager for them but thats it. They have massively underachieved regardimg trophies under him for the team they have. For example the Champions League Finals and 2 were against not that great Real Madrid teams and the other vs Spurs

The 2 domestic trophies they did win they won on penos 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was a good manager for them but thats it. They have massively underachieved regardimg trophies under him for the team they have. For example the Champions League Finals and 2 were against not that great Real Madrid teams and the other vs Spurs

The 2 domestic trophies they did win they won on penos 

I don't think the Liverpool fan base would  support your view. They hadn't won a lesgue title for about 30 years and they were competing against a side who set new standards in the Premier League

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't think the Liverpool fan base would  support your view. They hadn't won a lesgue title for about 30 years and they were competing against a side who set new standards in the Premier League

Thats grand they are a weird little cult. He has won 8 trophies(not including Charity Shield, Super Cups) and thats including the FIFA World Cup.

A very good manager but has massively underachieved trophywise plus is a scumbag so even more enjoyable when he fails

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In a league not corrupted by Man City, he'd probably have dominated English football for the last decade. 

Yes how many times did they finish 2nd with close to 100 points which would have  won any league title during the Fergy era. 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats grand they are a weird little cult. He has won 8 trophies(not including Charity Shield, Super Cups) and thats including the FIFA World Cup.

A very good manager but has massively underachieved trophywise plus is a scumbag so even more enjoyable when he fails

I don't think he's underchieved at all when he's completing against a team thst hsve been charged with over 100 breaches of Premier League rules.

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In a league not corrupted by Man City, he'd probably have dominated English football for the last decade. 

One of these tales though about his management style that keeps been spread. He has had 7 full seasons in charge and 4 of them they finished out of the top 2 and is only one team breaking the law. Last season they finished 5th

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think that's a stretch too far. He did a very good job at Liverpool no question but they wouldn't have dominated like man city have. 

• Like 1

On 26/01/2024 at 10:45, The_Steve said:

With Klopp leaving at the end of the season can they really find a better name? 

Unfortunately, I think they are stuck with "Liverpool F.C.".

• Haha 3

Sadly I think the Saudis are gonna throw £100m- £150m or so at them for Salah so they are gonna have lots of money to spend. Not that Liverpool ever spends any money but still.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think that's a stretch too far. He did a very good job at Liverpool no question but they wouldn't have dominated like man city have. 

True but they would have won the title three times

Dislike the guy but he's done a superb job. They were a mess when he took over.

He's also promoted a lot of youth players, given them time and first team football. Not a lot of managers think about the long term in that way. 

Not to mention playing players like Nat Phillips at centre back for long periods. 

Smart move to leave on a potential high though, especially with Michael Edwards leaving a while back. 

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

VVD talking about leaving, 

Just what you want from your captain. 

Â