Rino8

On 05/02/2024 at 15:01, Jonesy7211 said:

You will never ever convince a real scouse Liverpool fan that they're wrong or in the wrong about football. I'm up there a lot as I'm married to one, and the first thing they say when you have a different opinion about football that is perfectly valid is "You don't know what you're talking about mate". There's being a biased fan, and for them it's like they're all zealots. One true faith etc....

It's a shame really, there's a lot to like about this Liverpool team, but their fans completely ruin it. I'd still rather them than City win it.

I personally think Klopp handled the sending off quite well this, there's no way Arteta would have behaved better.

Does she greet you in the morning saying alright Jonesy 
Sound as a pound
I'm cushty la but there's nothing down
The rest of the family ain't got it sussed
We'll have to learn 'em to talk like me

18 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Liverpool’s young players came through their youth system

Probably better described as "a" youth system - I think there were only two that hadn't played in someone else's youth set up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

When you consider that Chelsea spent billion pounds to assemble that side while Liverpool’s young players came through their youth system it’s not as clear cut that Liverpool *should* win that match. 

They are however better coached and better run as a club than Chelsea and that is why they won. 

Well nobody in the world could disagree with that analysis - probably not even Todd Boehly himself - but my point is for it to be relevant to the question of whether Chelsea "bottled it" it would need to have become true during the game, rather than 2 or 3 years ago. 

How do you celebrate winning a trophy? How about having a pop at the fixture list as usual

Jurgen Klopp: "I know fans of other clubs will say 'Its just a Carabao Cup' and stuff like this. Yeah, yeah, yeah... You wish you would be here. [...] Nobody in this country wants to see a quadruple winner, that’s why they put the next round of the FA Cup just 3 days after the final."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mic09 said:

They did have various kids playing as subs (especially in extra time), but can we please not build a myth of the cup being won by their u12 team?

Their starting line up was this:

Kelleher

Bradley (kid, but with PL/Europa experience, a little like Tim I guess) Konate/Van Dijk/Robertson/

MacAllister/Endo/Gravenberch

Elliot/Gakpo/Diaz

I refuse to buy into the 'kids won the title' BBC headlines. On paper, that has go to be one of the most valuable teams in the league. 

Agreed, even Elliot many are now trying to say he came through Liverpool even though he’d okayed for Fulham and they paid £4m for (which should’ve been much more). 

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Probably better described as "a" youth system - I think there were only two that hadn't played in someone else's youth set up.

That’s not unusual for the Premier League though is it? For example if Iroegbunam, Feeney or Kellyman were to step into our first team squad and contribute to winning a trophy we would be praising Emery’s development of them as players and integration of them into our system. We wouldn’t be trying to play down the managers role and instead be crediting West Brom, Fleetwood Town and Derby. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well nobody in the world could disagree with that analysis - probably not even Todd Boehly himself - but my point is for it to be relevant to the question of whether Chelsea "bottled it" it would need to have become true during the game, rather than 2 or 3 years ago. 

I didn’t realise we were considering whether Chelsea ‘bottled it’ (I hate that term anyway). 

I was thinking more along the lines of it being impressive to fill out your squad with players stepping up from the youth system when you have a lot of injuries to key players from your first team and then still winning a trophy against a very expensively assembled squad.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

How do you celebrate winning a trophy? How about having a pop at the fixture list as usual

Don't be so hard on him. He worked nightshift in a factory for 45 years. He is tired.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

They've got to change the narrative as the previous story involving Liverpool's kids was getting crunched to our B team 5-0 in the cup

That was when we wouldn't move the game while they participated in the world club cup?

So bitter Klopp went full strength vs us when we had that covid outbreak. Wanted to hammer us.... our lads put in a great performance. Lost 4-1

4 minutes ago, calcifer said:

That was when we wouldn't move the game while they participated in the world club cup?

So bitter Klopp went full strength vs us when we had that covid outbreak. Wanted to hammer us.... our lads put in a great performance. Lost 4-1

I dont think we had a choice in that, I am sure it was the FA. Ironic part was if Klopp didnt consistently cry for a winter break we might have had space to rearrange it 

7 minutes ago, calcifer said:

...and then he complained about fixture congestion and the fitness of his 1st choice players.... after he chose to select them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think we had a choice in that, I am sure it was the FA. Ironic part was if Klopp didnt consistently cry for a winter break we might have had space to rearrange it 

Still moans about the fixtures now, playing in a final Sunday then playing in another cup game Wednesday 🤣 simple solution to that, get knocked out the cups you will only have 38 games to play....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

I think two of those goals came really late as well. It was pretty even until they brought on Tiago at the time a £30 million midfielder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Still moans about the fixtures now, playing in a final Sunday then playing in another cup game Wednesday 🤣 simple solution to that, get knocked out the cups you will only have 38 games to play....

Wants to win everything but doesn't want to play the games, pep is exactly the same

Both will have a huge money spinning pre season schedule too

Moaned about the winter break and got his spare weekend which causes these mid week games 

Moaned about needing 5 subs and then doesn't use them 

It'll never change 

On 27/02/2024 at 18:39, BOF said:

Maybe it’s been posted already but the Chelsea side that started and finished the cup final had a lower average age than Liverpool.

• Like 1

Â