Rino8

20 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Slot the front runner to replace Klopp. I don’t know much about him!

The real test is how he slots into the role if he takes it 

Slot apparently has a similar tactical approach to Klopp, so should in theory be more suited to their squad rather than a bigger name like Tuchel, that would rip the whole team up to implement his system.

There aren't that many elite managers about these days, so more and more teams are taking risks (like Arsenal with Arteta, or Spurs with Ange) to find someone.  Look at Chelsea and the state that they are in despite hiring big name Poch.  On the other hand, it could also back fire like Ten Hag at United.

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I can just see every single game the commentator referring to Liverpool as the "Slot machine"

😑

Peter Drury be getting them all in

Slot maybe not the kind of high profile manager one would expect them to bring into replace Klopp, but they maybe have two things in mind, one he might not be a big name, but perhaps has the potential to become a very good manager for them, but if not he can serve as a sort of stop-gap until someone like Alonso or whoever becomes available. Probably better to do it that way, than just appoint some name manager such as Tuchel or Mourinho for the sake of it

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Slot maybe not the kind of high profile manager one would expect them to bring into replace Klopp, but they maybe have two things in mind, one he might not be a big name, but perhaps has the potential to become a very good manager for them, but if not he can serve as a sort of stop-gap until someone like Alonso or whoever becomes available. Probably better to do it that way, than just appoint some name manager such as Tuchel or Mourinho for the sake of it

Whoever comes in after Klopp will be under stupid levels of pressure and expectations and is bound to fail. 

Exactly like it was for Moyes at Utd and Emery at Arsenal, when objectively, looking back, they didn't do as bad as some people said they did.

Slot might be an easy bandaid manager, who can take the flack, be relatively stable and then be easily replaced in the next year or so.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I can just see every single game the commentator referring to Liverpool as the "Slot machine"

😑

I’d prefer them to sign Peruvian free agent Emilio Washing

One of the worst farewells in football history considering a quadruple was on the cards.  as enjoyable as Stevie G FA Cup final birthday

I still think Klopp has underachieved. 6 trophies in 8 and a half years is pretty average for supposedly one of the greatest teams in Premier League history, interesting of the five cups they won only one was won in normal time vs the minnows of Spurs

• Like 4

Doing nothing if Nunez is their main CF next season that's for sure.

Robertson has also declined quite a bit so they'll be needing upgrades in 2-3 areas so going to be a real challenge for Arnie Slot or Anorim as they'll inevitably lose intensity from Klopp leaving with his style.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One of the worst farewells in football history considering a quadruple was on the cards.  as enjoyable as Stevie G FA Cup final birthday

I still think Klopp has underachieved. 6 trophies in 8 and a half years is pretty average for supposedly one of the greatest teams in Premier League history, interesting of the five cups they won only one was won in normal time vs the minnows of Spurs

He's a poundshop Morinho - At least Jose got the titles he deserved. Klopp's career has come in a very different time too, okay we've got City up there, but it's hardly like it was under Fergie, Wenger and Jose. He's a rat, he lost his head years ago, he's been found out and now he's flapped. Shouldn't ever be consider in the top 10 Premier League managers ever.

Glad he's going. Whiney ratbag.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Doing nothing if Nunez is their main CF next season that's for sure.

Robertson has also declined quite a bit so they'll be needing upgrades in 2-3 areas so going to be a real challenge for Arnie Slot or Anorim as they'll inevitably lose intensity from Klopp leaving with his style.

Its why its not really that sought after a job this summer. Owners are not going spend much, team needs a slow rebuild and following this manager will mean the fans will easily turn on them

• Like 2

That's a game Emery wins tonight. Liverpool played the occassion not the game. They simply didn't calm the game down, slow it down and control the tempo and pick and choose their moments to attack. Instead they got bullied. Klopp showed tonight he has had enough of this now.

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

He's a poundshop Morinho - At least Jose got the titles he deserved. Klopp's career has come in a very different time too, okay we've got City up there, but it's hardly like it was under Fergie, Wenger and Jose. He's a rat, he lost his head years ago, he's been found out and now he's flapped. Shouldn't ever be consider in the top 10 Premier League managers ever.

Glad he's going. Whiney ratbag.

I'm not exactly a fan either, but seen as Liverpool have finished with 90+ points three times in the past five seasons under Klopp, I would be interested to see who is keeping him out of your top 10

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

Â