Rino8

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It’s amazing how when Klopp celebrates in an unnecessarily over the top manner or bellows in the officials’ faces, their fans absolutely love it.

Saying that, Arteta is also a muppet so deserves the stick he’s getting 😬

You will never ever convince a real scouse Liverpool fan that they're wrong or in the wrong about football. I'm up there a lot as I'm married to one, and the first thing they say when you have a different opinion about football that is perfectly valid is "You don't know what you're talking about mate". There's being a biased fan, and for them it's like they're all zealots. One true faith etc....

It's a shame really, there's a lot to like about this Liverpool team, but their fans completely ruin it. I'd still rather them than City win it.

I personally think Klopp handled the sending off quite well this, there's no way Arteta would have behaved better.

• Like 2

Curtis Jones has come out and said on BBC that the way Arteta celebrated with fist bumps with the fans is sort of our thing

They invent everything in football😂

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The media and Klopp flapping about Liverpools injuries?? You are really seeing the size of there team now, all the players out, are not even in the first 11, Jota out for a few months replaced by Salah. 

First world problems for Liverpool. 

On 21/02/2024 at 13:27, foreveryoung said:

The media and Klopp flapping about Liverpools injuries?? You are really seeing the size of there team now, all the players out, are not even in the first 11, Jota out for a few months replaced by Salah. 

First world problems for Liverpool. 

I got all sorts of 💩 on a banter FB group for saying Liverpool will be having a 90 min silence at Anfield and the team will be wearing black armbands. Such a fragile fan base..

• Haha 2

This Klopp retirement tour is absolutely going to power Liverpool to a season treble. The media love fest is going to be insufferable but to make it bearable go ahead and make a little money off of it along the way. Already have a decent wedge on Liverpool to win the PL. Going to do the same for the Europa League. 

Edited by Rightdm00

13 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

This Klopp retirement tour is absolutely going to power Liverpool to a season treble. The media love fest is going to be insufferable but to make it bearable go ahead and make a little money off of it along the way. Already have a decent wedge on Liverpool to win the PL. Going to do the same for the Europa League. 

I’ve already heard (before today) that they are on for a famous Quad, like the European trophy they are going for counts in the quad. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve already heard (before today) that they are on for a famous Quad, like the European trophy they are going for counts in the quad. 

It won't 

Same as the treble that they won under Ged is largely forgotten 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It won't 

Same as the treble that they won under Ged is largely forgotten 

Not by Liverpool fans. They would make great archaeologists, always digging out the past. The amount of times they bang on about that at work, already said they are doing the quad this time by adding the league, noone has ever done that Quad.... they are the best in the world blah blah. Insufferable spunk trumpets.

13 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Nah City will win the title. They've been relatively poor by their standards and yet Pep has them just a point behind Plop. It's nearly handbrake off time for them. Once Pep takes that off they'll be unstoppable.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Nah City will win the title. They've been relatively poor by their standards and yet Pep has them just a point behind Plop. It's nearly handbrake off time for them. Once Pep takes that off they'll be unstoppable.

yep, nows the time that we see what man city are

liverpool are using kids in the cup final, man city are beating bournemouth away with KDB, doku, grealish, walker and alvarez on the bench, kovacic making his 10th start of the season and nunes making his 6th

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Nah City will win the title. 

Like us Liverpool will probably win a European trophy or at least get to a semi final and just like us their small squad & injuries will start to cost them when they are playing Thursday/Sunday. 

57 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

They did have various kids playing as subs (especially in extra time), but can we please not build a myth of the cup being won by their u12 team?

Their starting line up was this:

Kelleher

Bradley (kid, but with PL/Europa experience, a little like Tim I guess) Konate/Van Dijk/Robertson/

MacAllister/Endo/Gravenberch

Elliot/Gakpo/Diaz

I refuse to buy into the 'kids won the title' BBC headlines. On paper, that has go to be one of the most valuable teams in the league. 

Yep its a bit strange but unsurprising media spin. Had 12 full internationals yesterday, its not like our under 12s that played Liverpool a few years back

It’s the substitutions bench which was young. They have a lot of key injuries and so had to fill out their bench with youth players who were then needed because the match went to extra time. 

I know no one wants to say anything congratulatory about Liverpool but it’s quite impressive beating Chelsea in the cup final with a makeshift squad. We couldn’t beat them in the FA Cup over two legs and with fewer injuries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

They did have various kids playing as subs (especially in extra time), but can we please not build a myth of the cup being won by their u12 team?

Their starting line up was this:

Kelleher

Bradley (kid, but with PL/Europa experience, a little like Tim I guess) Konate/Van Dijk/Robertson/

MacAllister/Endo/Gravenberch

Elliot/Gakpo/Diaz

I refuse to buy into the 'kids won the title' BBC headlines. On paper, that has go to be one of the most valuable teams in the league. 

It's absolutely nauseating listen to the media this morning regarding them, we have another 4 months of this FFS.  Also, the average age of the Cheslea squad was younger than Liverpool's', both the team that started and the team that finished the match. 

53 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s the substitutions bench which was young. They have a lot of key injuries and so had to fill out their bench with youth players who were then needed because the match went to extra time. 

I know no one wants to say anything congratulatory about Liverpool but it’s quite impressive beating Chelsea in the cup final with a makeshift squad. We couldn’t beat them in the FA Cup over two legs and with fewer injuries. 

I did state that they had kids as subs, but to build a monument of 'kids won the cup' is veeery far fetched, especially considering Chelsea had the younger team. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

It's not *not* impressive, in the circumstances, but also Liverpool should be beating Chelsea. They are 25 points above them in the league - basically an entire point per game better on average - and had the better team at the start of the game. 

42 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I did state that they had kids as subs, but to build a monument of 'kids won the cup' is veeery far fetched, especially considering Chelsea had the younger team. 

A younger team they spent billions assembling though 

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's not *not* impressive, in the circumstances, but also Liverpool should be beating Chelsea. They are 25 points above them in the league - basically an entire point per game better on average - and had the better team at the start of the game. 

When you consider that Chelsea spent billion pounds to assemble that side while Liverpool’s young players came through their youth system it’s not as clear cut that Liverpool *should* win that match. 

They are however better coached and better run as a club than Chelsea and that is why they won. 

Â