Rino8

He's your best friend when he's winning, but an absolute word removed when he loses. A proper bully in that respect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Question I have is whether he’s always been this way and the media didn’t show it or whether this is a relatively new thing.

I remember at one time he seemed to be an incredibly lighthearted and reasonable guy. Then there was a season (after they’d won the PL I think) where it was a tough time for the team but also him personally (think his father died or something?) and ever since we’ve seen these interviews where he comes across as a grade a tool come through with regularity. 

By his own admission the relentless nature of the job has ground him down to the point he needs to quit. So question (for me) is do his personal issues + being mentally ground down explain these outbursts and he will look back in time and cringe or has he always been like this?  

He’s always been like that. But he’s also yr by yr got more into the whole woe is me Liverpool 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

No excuses for Klopp. Horrible way to treat a journalist. 

Exactly, making personal remarks about someone’s appearance who was only doing their job is not ok at all.

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's your best friend when he's winning, but an absolute word removed when he loses. A proper bully in that respect. 

He's morphed into what Wenger became after losing big matches. That would certainly sting the way they threw the lead twice to an average Man. United so they'll be a big response from them in the run in.

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You might be overthinking it. He's ultra competitive and a bad loser. Like me. can no longer play monopoly with my family. 

Nobody should ever play Monopoly with anyone, it's a terrible board game (Monopoly Deal, on the other hand, is good fun). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Question I have is whether he’s always been this way and the media didn’t show it or whether this is a relatively new thing.

I remember at one time he seemed to be an incredibly lighthearted and reasonable guy. Then there was a season (after they’d won the PL I think) where it was a tough time for the team but also him personally (think his father died or something?) and ever since we’ve seen these interviews where he comes across as a grade a tool come through with regularity. 

By his own admission the relentless nature of the job has ground him down to the point he needs to quit. So question (for me) is do his personal issues + being mentally ground down explain these outbursts and he will look back in time and cringe or has he always been like this?  

He has always been this way was the famous Dortmund video of him abusing a ref on the sideline that was laughed off as that showed his "passion"

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's morphed into what Wenger became after losing big matches. That would certainly sting the way they threw the lead twice to an average Man. United so they'll be a big response from them in the run in.

He is worse than Wenger and even worse than Mourinho ever was

A good manager but a plague on football

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's morphed into what Wenger became after losing big matches. 

He's ten times worse than Wenger ever was. Can't imagine anyone in the media will be sad to see the back of him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villaglint said:

Great post. It was a really dumb question as well. 

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nobody should ever play Monopoly with anyone, it's a terrible board game (Monopoly Deal, on the other hand, is good fun). 

The card version of the game lasts about 20 minutes and is alot more fun and interesting!!

I've always thought he comes across as a well rounded guy. With these odd outbursts every now and again. I'm not sure if it's just him worn out and wanting to take a break. Or whether he's always been like that. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Genie said:

Exactly, making personal remarks about someone’s appearance who was only doing their job is not ok at all.

He’s not talking about the guy’s appearance. He’s saying he has not done his research before asking that line of questioning. 

40 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s not talking about the guy’s appearance. He’s saying he has not done his research before asking that line of questioning. 

I don’t think so, the reporter is suggesting the players are tired from too many games and Klopp takes offence suggesting he is not in great shape himself, ie not in a position to judge. 

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah it’s way off topic but Monoploy Deal is **** brilliant

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

Great post. It was a really dumb question as well. 

How is it a dumb question? It’s a perfectly reasonable one!

”You normally play with such intensity, what happened?”
”Well there’s a difference in resources and games played and I don’t know how many games Man Utd have played recently so yeah”
”So the players are tired then?”
*storm off*

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How is it a dumb question? It’s a perfectly reasonable one!

”You normally play with such intensity, what happened?”
”Well there’s a difference in resources and games played and I don’t know how many games Man Utd have played recently so yeah”
”So the players are tired then?”
*storm off*

I think the question had a pretty obvious answer, but if anything that’s a get out of jail card for Klopp. The reporter is basically giving him an easy home run, just take it. 

But unfortunately Klopp is a massive word removed

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the question had a pretty obvious answer, but if anything that’s a get out of jail card for Klopp. The reporter is basically giving him an easy home run, just take it. 

But unfortunately Klopp is a massive word removed

I think he's just worn out. I think he looks like he's aged a lot the last few years and I know from personal experience when you are burnt out you have very low tolerance to people. 

Edited by PaulC

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think he's just worn out. I think he looks like he's aged a lot the last few years and I know from personal experience when you are burnt out you have very low tolerance to people. 

It’s literally his job though

Â