Rino8

1 minute ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Glad someone has finally said it. Think they've realised it's gone stale somewhere along the way because apparently they'll have a whole new leadership group coming in.

I'd love to think we could be competing with City in a few years, Emery is already giving Pep nightmares.

Not at all impossible if we can keep Emery here for a few years.  Look at the state of Liverpool when Klopp took over from Rodgers, they were floating around the Europa spots and below for years (that one season they bottled the league aside).  An elite manager and some key signings transformed them into a juggernaut, and if it wasn't for some financial doping from City they would have won a lot more. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Be very difficult to replace.  I don't think their recruitment has been that good recently, Darwin is a donkey and the others they've signed are good players, but just not up to the standard they.ve had before, not at the level to compete with City.

They've got quiet problems all over the squad 

To be fair VVD is back at a high level after dropping off last year but he's 33 in the summer, so is matip but whereas VVD will have more time in him matip is done at that level

They might as well write thiago off as well

Then the real quiet bit TAA has started 19 PL games, Robertson has started 13, they are absolutely key to Liverpool and they can't keep them fit 

Id also say that Jones and Elliot haven't really stepped up another level this year

The midfield is good on paper with good individuals that you wouldn't say have had a bad year but at the same time there's nothing really elite about it

Then you've got the very loud problem of nunez 

They need new players all over the pitch 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not at all impossible if we can keep Emery here for a few years.  Look at the state of Liverpool when Klopp took over from Rodgers, they were floating around the Europa spots and below for years (that one season they bottled the league aside).  An elite manager and some key signings transformed them into a juggernaut, and if it wasn't for some financial doping from City they would have won a lot more. 

Very exciting to think that our wildest dreams don't seem entirely unrealistic under Emery. As you said, let the man keep the control he has, let him make his signings and who knows where we'll end up? I think we will definitely try and challenge for a domestic cup next season, 100%. Who knows where we could be in 3 - 5 seasons? We're a huge club and we definitely have the right foundations to challenge the Man City machine.

• Shocked 1

As we have seen under Unai, the difference an elite manager can make. Klopp is an elite manager. The trouble is there aren't too many managers about. So replacing him is not going to be easy. I think it might be a little bit like the post Ferguson scenario.

Add that to losing their best player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, colhint said:

As we have seen under Unai, the difference an elite manager can make. Klopp is an elite manager. The trouble is there aren't too many managers about. So replacing him is not going to be easy. I think it might be a little bit like the post Ferguson scenario.

Add that to losing their best player.

Fingers crossed. 🤞

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Liverpool seem to be run much better than United ever were. I don't think we will see a big decline. Salah leaving is the bigger issue, his goals will be very hard to replace. 

Under SAF United gave him full control of everything. Since he left they are restricting their managers responsibilities more and more. 

I think it’s a sign of the times really. Big clubs don’t like the idea of 1 person having so much power. 

It’s really difficult to predict how Liverpool will cope post Klopp. Can they recruit the right manager, and then also replace key players who hit the ground running against the backdrop of high expectations? It’s a tall order and rarely, if ever, happens.

• Like 1

I think they're effed. The weight of keeping up with city etc has broken Klopp, and the squad needs a whole rebuild with an owner who doesn't want to put in many funds, and will be under a worse manager's watch. The only way is if they can sell players about to hit terminal decline like Salah and flops like Nunez for daft money to Saudi to fund the rebuild. Which they probably could tbh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nunez is a shitter Shane Long

He’s the new Emile Heskey - good work rate and physicality but just cannot strike the ball cleanly let alone get a shot on target. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think they're effed. The weight of keeping up with city etc has broken Klopp, and the squad needs a whole rebuild with an owner who doesn't want to put in many funds, and will be under a worse manager's watch. The only way is if they can sell players about to hit terminal decline like Salah and flops like Nunez for daft money to Saudi to fund the rebuild. Which they probably could tbh

Salah will be sold to Saudi for £120 million. in PSR terms, you can then buy £120m x5 worth of players for the same money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

He’s the new Emile Heskey - good work rate and physicality but just cannot strike the ball cleanly let alone get a shot on target. 

Not for me, I'd have him here all day long. Defenders are shit scared of him, whether he scores ot not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not for me, I'd have him here all day long. Defenders are shit scared of him, whether he scores ot not.

Defenders may be but goalkeepers won’t be 😬

I can’t knock his work rate or physicality at all but his primary role is a striker and for £80m+, he’s nowhere near that level.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

£82m for defenders to be scared of him... 

A price tag shouldn't always define a player but he's not even close to living up to it 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Slot the front runner to replace Klopp. I don’t know much about him!

There might be another bold Dutchman available soon. 

17 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Are you Slot-shaming?

• Haha 3

Interesting to see if he would be the third front-runner that turn Liverpool down.

I really hope it’s pronounced “Slut”.

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Interesting to see if he would be the third front-runner that turn Liverpool down.

It's a poison chalice. Nobody will ever match Klopp in the eyes of the deluded scouse. 

It's interesting to note that Dutch managers don't seem to perform too well outside of the Netherlands, in general. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It's interesting to note that Dutch managers don't seem to perform too well outside of the Netherlands, in general. 

This is what popped into my head when I heard he was (apparently) their target.

Â