Rino8

It doesn't bother me that they won it but I can see why their fans and the media lovefest annoys a lot of people. Liverpool and Newcastle seem to get a status above any other club for some bizarre reason. They seem to think that everyone loves it when they do well. 

Same as utd

What I mind is their fan base in the west Midlands thinking they can give me shit for being a Villa fan 

And this whole "this means more" nonsense 

If you're a Liverpool fan with ties to the city then fair play congratulations... But anyone else from anywhere else or anyone spouting shit about how this is bigger or better than city or Chelsea winning it can **** right off

Edit: and anyone who wheels out doing it the right way not spending any money garbage 

Edited by villa4europe

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't mind the fans being happy. What's annoying me is the amount of fans on social media spouting on about how hard they've had it since they last won the league.
Stuff like

"we always ask why we do this to ourselves and here's the reason"

"We've been through so much!"

"All the hard times in the past 30 years have been worth it"

Those poor fans. What a tough 30 years. Everpresents in the top flight, 3 FA Cups, 4 league cups, 3 Charity Shields, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 UEFA Cup, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 1 FIFA World Club Cup and a cup treble. 

They've had it so tough. Don't know how they've managed to come through it. Thoughts and Prayers

Always the victims.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't bother me that they won it but I can see why their fans and the media lovefest annoys a lot of people. Liverpool and Newcastle seem to get a status above any other club for some bizarre reason. They seem to think that everyone loves it when they do well. 

West Ham too

Two of my brother in laws were born in Whitechapel hospital (literally within the sound of Bow Bells) and have lived their entire lives either in East London or the West Midlands.   I suppose I should be happy for them that Liverpool have won the league, but I just cant do it.  🙃

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't mind the fans being happy. What's annoying me is the amount of fans on social media spouting on about how hard they've had it since they last won the league.
Stuff like

Those poor fans. What a tough 30 years. Everpresents in the top flight, 3 FA Cups, 4 league cups, 3 Charity Shields, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 UEFA Cup, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 1 FIFA World Club Cup and a cup treble. 

They've had it so tough. Don't know how they've managed to come through it. Thoughts and Prayers

What a bunch of words removed.

They ought to try being Villa fans. Almost 40 years since we won it, and probably never will again.

Yep Liverpool the first original plastic club , Ive got to put up with countless Liverpool 'Fans' from my year group who live nowhere near Liverpool, never ever visited Anfield and are just the children of Plastic fans.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Stuff like

As I was scrolling around the web today, these were my thoughts exactly. 

Fair play to Leicester for not doing the whole "you don't know how much this means to us" shit, they just won it (despite all odds) and got on with it. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

That's because a large portion of their fan bases have nothing else to think about.  As much as I love football, my life doesn't revolve around it - I find it pretty tragic for people who do. 

And the ownership people take for it, win or lose, how can the actions of 22 people have such an effect on you personally? 

Even if you do go to the games and you're invested in it, your actions have **** all with what goes on, on the pitch - get over yourself.  It's not "we", it's "them" - you've personally achieved **** all. 

That video on social media of the heaps of shit lining the streets outside the stadium, there are people tweeting "why are you doing this and showing this to the world?  It'll be tidied up in an hour" - like as long as someone else tidies the rubbish up, it's fine?  Go back to your white lives matter tweets you gobshites. 

Urgh, football fans are thick as shit. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Same as utd

What I mind is their fan base in the west Midlands thinking they can give me shit for being a Villa fan 

And this whole "this means more" nonsense 

If you're a Liverpool fan with ties to the city then fair play congratulations... But anyone else from anywhere else or anyone spouting shit about how this is bigger or better than city or Chelsea winning it can **** right off

Edit: and anyone who wheels out doing it the right way not spending any money garbage 

I’ve said it on here before but if I start talking to someone about football and then they reveal they’re a Man Utd fan I basically just glaze over and assume they don’t know what the **** they’re talking about. 

It’s unfair sometime. There’s a guy at work who I Manchester born and bred, family have been united fans for generations, knows his stuff. Really nice bloke. 
But I just can’t take him seriously when he’s a Man Utd fan. It’s like being a football supporter on cheat mode

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Never seen so much biased towards one club. 

Sky Sports News was ridiculous last night. Pretty much as soon as the final whistle went they did a special 'Liverpool are champions' programme. They'd obviously been working on it for a while, it was the type of package TV stations have ready to roll when royalty dies, looking back and reminiscing about how great they were.

It was like they are the first team to ever win the Premier League, and have somehow done so against all odds. 

Yes, lets ignore the 55 mil GK, 75 mil CB, 90 mil CM pairing of Fabinho and Keita, 40 mil striker in Salah.

The way some of the media are going on it's as though all football fans should be grateful for them winning it.

17 minutes ago, andym said:

Sky Sports News was ridiculous last night. Pretty much as soon as the final whistle went they did a special 'Liverpool are champions' programme. They'd obviously been working on it for a while, it was the type of package TV stations have ready to roll when royalty dies, looking back and reminiscing about how great they were.

It was like they are the first team to ever win the Premier League, and have somehow done so against all odds. 

Yes, lets ignore the 55 mil GK, 75 mil CB, 90 mil CM pairing of Fabinho and Keita, 40 mil striker in Salah.

The way some of the media are going on it's as though all football fans should be grateful for them winning it.

When Leicester won it they never got coverage like this

42 minutes ago, imavillan said:

As the old 80's/90's song goes

What a 'fookin shithole''

I just tagged my liverpool "supporting" mate in this (he's probably been less than double figures) and typed "SH1THOLE"

Immediately got one back from a lovable scouser - "SH!THOUSE" haha

I hate their club and I hate their fans. 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep Liverpool the first original plastic club , Ive got to put up with countless Liverpool 'Fans' from my year group who live nowhere near Liverpool, never ever visited Anfield and are just the children of Plastic fans.

The club isn't plastic its the fans or a large proportion of them

I cannot even think what it would be like to support a side that after they were promoted to the top flight in the early 60's have never finished outside 8th! They have never endured relegation or promotion battles with all the agony and ecstasy that goes with it. Add to that all the cups, leagues etc that they have won as highlighted by a previous poster,  ......you really have to feel for them. 😬,

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Haha 1

Article on bbc sport titled

"Liverpools 30 years of hurt"

They've had it so bad ain't they

**** me

Edit - another line from the BBC sport site

"Liverpools remarkable rise from 10th to champions in 5 seasons"

Edited by Jimzk5

Â