Rino8

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

1 defeat in a year 

Well Klopp has been crying for a winter break since he arrived in England along with other tgings to ruin English football 

Liverpool have been shit since the winter break

13 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Greatest team in history is easily the previous 2 seasons of man city. 

And I don't think it's even close. 

And yet Liverpool of the last 2 years will have more points and a European Cup.

It pretty unimaginable that they will blow it from here but guess they will just chuck the kids/reserves out again in the FA cup against Chelsea but it will make things interesting if they do not manage to pick up 3 points at home to Bournemouth before playing Atletico again, Away at Everton straight after that too.

Please f*** it up

42 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It pretty unimaginable that they will blow it from here but guess they will just chuck the kids/reserves out again in the FA cup against Chelsea but it will make things interesting if they do not manage to pick up 3 points at home to Bournemouth before playing Atletico again, Away at Everton straight after that too.

Please f*** it up

There’s no way they’ll lose it but if they do have a blip and drop a chunk of points it will take some of the gloss off it. 

15 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Greatest team in history is easily the previous 2 seasons of man city. 

And I don't think it's even close. 

You can't measure it like that.  Success is relative to the era and Bob Paisley era Liverpool are hard to argue against.  In the nine seasons from 75/76 through to 83/84  they won the  UEFA cup, were champions of England seven times, champions of Europe four times and won the league cup four times in a row too.  Sure, invent a time machine and put them on the field against the 2018 Manchester City team and City would win but that's because everything about that matchup would be on City's terms. You can really only how great teams were relative to their era, relative to the competition around them at the time and with a bit of distance to reflect on what they actually achieved. The jury is still out on Pep's City team and it will judge them harshly if they don't deliver a European Cup. Klopp's Liverpool already have that.  

• Like 2

Spain of same period were just as good but makes a better team as didn't have a Messi to crush teams. 

That midfield generation was incredible. Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Silva, Busquets, Fabregas

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

You can't measure it like that.  Success is relative to the era and Bob Paisley era Liverpool are hard to argue against.  In the nine seasons from 75/76 through to 83/84  they won the  UEFA cup, were champions of England seven times, champions of Europe four times and won the league cup four times in a row too.  Sure, invent a time machine and put them on the field against the 2018 Manchester City team and City would win but that's because everything about that matchup would be on City's terms. You can really only how great teams were relative to their era, relative to the competition around them at the time and with a bit of distance to reflect on what they actually achieved. The jury is still out on Pep's City team and it will judge them harshly if they don't deliver a European Cup. Klopp's Liverpool already have that.  

What was my measurements? 

You just said I can't measure it like that whilst I give 0 measurements as to why I say that. 

Man city team still easily the best...and it's not even close. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Yet, a lot of BM fans would say they were much better under pep.

If you take his whole spell perhaps, but they never reached that level of form under Pep like they had during especially the second half of that season under Jupp.

Absolutely fantastic.

The only reason why pep isn't considered a great there is because he got really unlucky in champs league...was it his fault Mueller missed a pen? No. And it goes to show how lucky knockout tournament football is. Which he even made an interview about recently how fine lines it is..and never about the manager.

He destroyed the German league..more than any manager..

Edited by Bugzy1991

1 hour ago, Bugzy1991 said:

The only reason why pep isn't considered a great there is because he got really unlucky in champs league...was it his fault Mueller missed a pen? No. And it goes to show how lucky knockout tournament football is. Which he even made an interview about recently how fine lines it is..and never about the manager.

He destroyed the German league..more than any manager..

got slaughtered by Barca and Real Madrid in 2 consecutive years. Season before he took over Bayern won everything and have won 7 titles in a row. He did nothing special at Bayern

20 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Not even close. 

One of my pet hates in football discussion.

It's often very close but people say this to try and add weight to their arguments.

Not for me Clive.

Edited by Tomaszk

"team" is hard to define. I also think of Pep's Barcelona as the best team ever, because of how much they won, how well they performed, the players they had and the time period it lasted for.

But if you're talking about, say, the team that's performed the best over a league season, it's hard to say liverpool aren't at least in the conversation. They've been phenomenal this season. Assuming they don't collapse, but I highly doubt that.

21 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

What was my measurements? 

You just said I can't measure it like that whilst I give 0 measurements as to why I say that. 

Man city team still easily the best...and it's not even close. 

How can the Man City team be the best they haven’t won a champions league yet. The last two seasons yes Man City achieved 100 Pts and 98 pts. Last season Liverpool reached 97 and unless they really blow it should get 21 pts from 10 games to reach 100 this season and they have a champions league so Man City can equal that with a champions league win. 

I do think now they may get undone against atletico on Wednesday.

beat teams ever, there’s a few contenders like Real Madrid in the 50s, Ajax early 70s, Bayern team 70s, Liverpool 80s, Barcelona 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How can the Man City team be the best they haven’t won a champions league yet. The last two seasons yes Man City achieved 100 Pts and 98 pts. Last season Liverpool reached 97 and unless they really blow it should get 21 pts from 10 games to reach 100 this season and they have a champions league so Man City can equal that with a champions league win. 

Champions League is a poor indicator to judge. If so Real Madrid 2014-2018 won 4 in 5 years and weren't really a great side

Â