Rino8

1 hour ago, Genie said:

No it isn't. It was mentioned on the news several times.

...and here is an example on social media from me (the liar).

Social media isn't "the news".  Even the Liverpool Echo condemned the celebrations.

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Social media isn't "the news".  Even the Liverpool Echo condemned the celebrations.

The “celebrations” quite rightly should have been condemned, they set fire to the Liver building as well as trashing the place and risking spreading virus. It took days to clean up. 

On more than one news report I saw the night it was happening it was described as great scenes. I’m pretty sure I commented as such on the virus thread at the time. SportBible also described the celebrations as “incredible” and “best fans in the world”.

If you didn’t see it then it’s fine, it doesn’t make me a liar.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The “celebrations” quite rightly should have been condemned, they set fire to the Liver building as well as trashing the place and risking spreading virus. It took days to clean up. 

On more than one news report I saw the night it was happening it was described as great scenes. I’m pretty sure I commented as such on the virus thread at the time. SportBible also described the celebrations as “incredible” and “best fans in the world”.

If you didn’t see it then it’s fine, it doesn’t make me a liar.

Proof plz.

Proof of the liver building fire? 

I saw that too, shot fireworks at it, one of them landed and caused a small fire 

Trashing the place? 

The mess they left outside the stadium and in the city centre was well documented 

What I haven't seen is the spirit of shankly back tracking on their outburst... It was well known it would happen 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Proof of the liver building fire? 

I saw that too, shot fireworks at it, one of them landed and caused a small fire 

Trashing the place? 

The mess they left outside the stadium and in the city centre was well documented 

What I haven't seen is the spirit of shankly back tracking on their outburst... It was well known it would happen 

I think it’s proof of the scenes being praised at the time (before the full extent of the damage was known).

This is what I posted at the time, maybe I just lie about it to look cool on the internet

4-DE6-EF54-7-E7-B-43-C3-8-E95-1-D6946582

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They pretty much threatened libel against the Liverpool mayor when he said it would happen. Went quiet all of a sudden when they went crazy and ignored social distancing. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't the mainstream media did condemn it, they didn't praise it either 

Was a lot worse media criticism for Villa fans on the pitch vs West Brom few years back 

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2020 at 00:36, momo said:

I compare Liverpool's league championship to that of Leicester in 2016. All other teams were shit.

And the champions league? 

Are people completely incapable of recognising when another team has done well? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

And the champions league? 

Are people completely incapable of recognising when another team has done well? 

Liverpool got knocked out by Atletico Madrid. Easily. Atletico lost to Leipzig. Leipzig lost to PSG. PSG lost to Bayern Munich. So what's good about a team that is supposedly really good being knocked out in round 16?

And if you read correctly, you can see that I wrote all other teams were shit. And they were, unless you were impressed by Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and stumbling Leicester?

9 minutes ago, momo said:

Liverpool got knocked out by Atletico Madrid. Easily. Atletico lost to Leipzig. Leipzig lost to PSG. PSG lost to Bayern Munich. So what's good about a team that is supposedly really good being knocked out in round 16?

And if you read correctly, you can see that I wrote all other teams were shit. And they were, unless you were impressed by Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and stumbling Leicester?

They won it last year. Final year before that. I'm not arsed to discuss with you draw your own conclusions 

Just now, Rino8 said:

They won it last year. Final year before that. I'm not arsed to discuss with you draw your own conclusions 

I don't understand your argumentation. They did not win the champions league last season. They won the premier league. And I don't give a shit about your arse.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Surely gonna need a bit of a clearout. Got alot of players to fit in a matchday squad. 

Absolutely. With that in mind we'll gladly take TAA, VVD and Salah in exchange for Lansbury, Hause and Samatta.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Nonsense, they were brilliant last year, were brilliant the year before too

They won't keep it up this year 

I don't think they will but they will still be in contention for the major trophies. 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Surely gonna need a bit of a clearout. Got alot of players to fit in a matchday squad. 

A lot of top clubs need to do that, only thing is they generally don't want each others cast offs and other xkubs can't afford to pay their wages they do. 

It's a bit like us with all those championship players on stupido wages.  We want rid but nobody who would want them can get near their wages. 

Â