Rino8

Just now, Zatman said:

Champions League is a poor indicator to judge. If so Real Madrid 2014-2018 won 4 in 5 years and weren't really a great side

Yes true but you can’t just win your domestic leagues and say your a great side, else I would have included the Man U side with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. I believe city need that trophy to be classed a great team 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes true but you can’t just win your domestic leagues and say your a great side, else I would have included the Man U side with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. I believe city need that trophy to be classed a great team 

That United team won Champions League

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That United team won Champions League

Yes my mistake, was listening to Gary Neville saying he wouldn’t include that team because Barcelona were better but of course they won it in 2008

On 02/03/2020 at 17:06, Zatman said:

Champions League is a poor indicator to judge. If so Real Madrid 2014-2018 won 4 in 5 years and weren't really a great side

I think one is necessary to define greatness, though. 

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So no treble for the Scousers then. It's all good with a record number points  but what Man Ure achieved in 99 is unlikely to be repeated.

Except Man City won a treble last season

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Except Man City won a treble last season

Come on, as admirable as a treble is, I'd literally cut a limb off for Villa to do that (ok maybe not quite), it's clearly not as good as THE treble.

Although I disagree that it will never be repeated

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Come on, as admirable as a treble is, I'd literally cut a limb off for Villa to do that (ok maybe not quite), it's clearly not as good as THE treble.

Although I disagree that it will never be repeated

I consider any treble with a league impressive, I believe City the 1st to ever do the domestic treble as well. 

Unless its Celtic winning the 15th treble jn a row that's not so impressive 😉

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I consider any treble with a league impressive

Of course it is. But "any" treble isn't the same as THE treble that Utd achieved in '99

In 2001, Houllier's second full season in charge, Liverpoolwon a "Treble": the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup. Houllier underwent major heart surgery during the 2001–02 season and Liverpool finished second in the League, behind Arsenal.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2020 at 01:06, Zatman said:

Zatman. Of all people...using this as a measurement to judge a manager.

Barca pep is the best team ever played. 

No team is better in the PL than the previous 2 years of city. 

That team was phenomenal. Liverpool are also class at the moment but I'll be amazed if in 10 years when their autobiography comes out, that they say Liverpool is a better side. Liverpool have been so average against lower teams this season. (It's also been a praise of them...be average and get by , so save energy to crush the higher teams with their press) but I don't know. City just better.

Edited by Bugzy1991

1 hour ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Zatman. Of all people...using this as a measurement to judge a manager.

Barca pep is the best team ever played. 

No team is better in the PL than the previous 2 years of city. 

That team was phenomenal. Liverpool are also class at the moment but I'll be amazed if in 10 years when their autobiography comes out, that they say Liverpool is a better side. Liverpool have been so average against lower teams this season. (It's also been a praise of them...be average and get by , so save energy to crush the higher teams with their press) but I don't know. City just better.

I think the Liverpool team that blew city away in the champions league was more exciting to watch but I agree purely in the domestic football they are as good as anything that’s been. But with players like David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne that’s pure class that even Liverpool couldn’t match 

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think the Liverpool team that blew city away in the champions league was more exciting to watch but I agree purely in the domestic football they are as good as anything that’s been. But with players like David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne that’s pure class that even Liverpool couldn’t match 

In the league and CL, last 12 games. Liverpool have 8 wins to MCs 2. Amazing how they seem to be able to pick City apart, generally.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Of course it is. But "any" treble isn't the same as THE treble that Utd achieved in '99

Agree

Saw earlier that only about 8 teams in European history have that treble which is pretty amazing when you consider the dominance of certain clubs

It was utd, celtic, ajax, PSV, barca x 2, inter, Milan and bayern 

No juve or Madrid on the list from what I can remember 

Â