coda

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's a lot to be said about Chelsea's youth hoarding over the last decade or so, but they've actually developed a lot of players to be fair.  Of their current first team squad (25 players), they've got 6 (Mount, James, Chalobah, Gallagher, Loftus-Cheek and Broja) which I imagine is more than most clubs in the league and certainly the top echelons.  You've also got Hudson-Odoi, Colwill (who is highly rated) and Anjorin loaned out to Leverkusen, Brighton and Huddersfield respectively - all of whom are likely to have a decent professional career.

Thank you that’s very helpful. Totally blanked on Mount which was an obvious one. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

At least better to have been an owner signing than a Tuchel signing at this point?

Don’t know. Think it’s always a bad sign when the owner is doing stuff like this. Probably a symptom of a much bigger problem at Chelsea 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Bet everton felt the same with ancelotti and spurs with conte. Unlikely but not impossible if you have a vision, ambition and backing.

Spurs I think are a different kettle of fish, they're a big six team, but I take your point about Ancelotti. How much good he actually did them in the long run is another question of course.

34 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

They said on talkswank that Tuchel had had 100 games in charge and won 63?

Sounds anything but sackable 

I saw a graphic that showed that in the last 25 he has a worse record than in Lampard’s last 25

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Bring Aubameyang in because Tuchel gets on with him great and can get the best out of him. 

Sack Tuchel a few days later 

:D 

Bit like Digne and Benitez, only the reason for selling was they didn't get on

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I called it, i said chelsea are goung to be in a complete mess once roman leaves and behold!

Im personally delighted.  Chelsea were nobodies before roman came in

That's not quite true. They'd had FA Cup success and were top 4 or 6 (can't quite remember which) in the years just before he bought them. I think them getting top 4 was the final catalyst for him deciding them and not a different club. 

He certainly moved them up a ridiculous amount but they weren't as bad or small as people make out. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

That's not quite true. They'd had FA Cup success and were top 4 or 6 (can't quite remember which) in the years just before he bought them. I think them getting top 4 was the final catalyst for him deciding them and not a different club. 

He certainly moved them up a ridiculous amount but they weren't as bad or small as people make out. 

Harding was the guy that turned Chelsea from nothing really.  They bounced up and down leagues like WBA until then.  Ground was shite he did loads really.  Then Roman added the bells and whistles.

Â