coda

23 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Doubt it mate, they could come 9th and they’ll still go and spend another £200m guaranteed. Thats what I despise most about Chelsea and Man Utd, they can fail as many times as they want, then rinse and repeat as many times as they want and just spend and take whatever manager/players they want until they get it right again. Zero jeopardy while the rest of us walk on eggshells hoping not to fall foul of those rules they set up to keep us in our place. God forbid we get a few top players of our own, they’ll soon get taken off our hands when they get their wages trebled then the cycle resets again; lets try to build a side again that can stay together for a year or two at best and hope we can sustain a big push for 7th 🙄

Just stinks of corruption doesnt it?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just stinks of corruption doesnt it?

We're already in a Super League position, people just don't realise. FFP makes the gap to the top 6 insurmountable. The Champions League is now the Super League.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

On 11/09/2022 at 09:21, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Doubt it mate, they could come 9th and they’ll still go and spend another £200m guaranteed. Thats what I despise most about Chelsea and Man Utd, they can fail as many times as they want, then rinse and repeat as many times as they want and just spend and take whatever manager/players they want until they get it right again. Zero jeopardy while the rest of us walk on eggshells hoping not to fall foul of those rules they set up to keep us in our place. God forbid we get a few top players of our own, they’ll soon get taken off our hands when they get their wages trebled then the cycle resets again; lets try to build a side again that can stay together for a year or two at best and hope we can sustain a big push for 7th 🙄

Nail on head.

At this point we'd probably be better off **** off the top teams to a so called Super League. Problem is, that would most likely kill the Premier League and other top domestic competitions completely as TV money, fan interest and everything else gets re-routed to that new shiny thing instead.

After all, that will be where all the cool teams are that kids love. It's a really sad state of affairs, and there really isn't much competition to be had any longer. 

If one top club fails to reach the CL, they'll still be able to spend amounts the rest of us could only dream about, and all the top players care about is the CL. 

No-one is really interested in joining a 'project' since players are run by PR-agencies, and they are as much a brand as they are a person, and the brand will suffer if they join a club outside the top tier. 

I keep saying that the only thing that could level the playing field is the coming financial disaster and the possibility of it forcing big money investors out of special interest things such as football. 

Otherwise, the problem will just keep getting more and more pronounced, and football will become even less dynamic. I think the most dynamic aspect coming in the next few years is Newcastle replacing Arsenal or Spurs at the absolute top. 

• Like 2

On 12/09/2022 at 05:01, daft said:

Nail on head.

At this point we'd probably be better off **** off the top teams to a so called Super League. Problem is, that would most likely kill the Premier League and other top domestic competitions completely as TV money, fan interest and everything else gets re-routed to that new shiny thing instead.

After all, that will be where all the cool teams are that kids love. It's a really sad state of affairs, and there really isn't much competition to be had any longer. 

If one top club fails to reach the CL, they'll still be able to spend amounts the rest of us could only dream about, and all the top players care about is the CL. 

No-one is really interested in joining a 'project' since players are run by PR-agencies, and they are as much a brand as they are a person, and the brand will suffer if they join a club outside the top tier. 

I keep saying that the only thing that could level the playing field is the coming financial disaster and the possibility of it forcing big money investors out of special interest things such as football. 

Otherwise, the problem will just keep getting more and more pronounced, and football will become even less dynamic. I think the most dynamic aspect coming in the next few years is Newcastle replacing Arsenal or Spurs at the absolute top. 

Bleak. Very bleak. And true.
giphy.gif

• Like 1

Boehly's suggestion for an American-style "All-Star Game" in British football seems real nope to me. Not sure I agree it would bring needed "fun." What would bring more "fun" would be clubs not funded by petrostates.  

Why the Premier League All-Star Game is actually a great idea by Chelsea owner Todd Boehly

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Boehly's suggestion for an American-style "All-Star Game" in British football seems real nope to me. Not sure I agree it would bring needed "fun." What would bring more "fun" would be clubs not funded by petrostates.  

I think the last thing the PL need is more US-inspired spectacles such as 'all star games' or things like it.

As an avid hockey fan, it's one thing I never watch during the NHL season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was he talking about it replacing the community shield?

Not sure, tbh. Never read that.

6 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

carney chukwahwahwahwahwahfirstteaminutes getting some good game time

Yes, weren't he the one who scored that desperately needed 90th-minute scorcher against the 6-year-olds of RB Salzburg? 
giphy.gif   

Boehly is now saying that De Bruyne and Salah have came from the academy. This guy is hilarious

People were afraid that Jesse Marsch would be labelled with the Ted Lasso comments but this guy is doing more damage

• Like 1

Well, at least someone rejected them 😃

"When a club like Chelsea is interested in you, it is a big honour not just for you, but also for the work of the club in general," said Freund.

"But I've come to the conclusion that FC Red Bull Salzburg is the best place for me."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62976048

Edited by a-k

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

very interesting. Pretty sure he just started at Southampton this summer

Probably makes sense why they bid for the guy they just signed from City. Lavia I think

Â