coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potter's got nothing to lose, if he fails at Chelsea will still get a another decent Premier League job, or maybe England, whereas if he'd have stayed at Brighton and they had have started to go backwards he'd struggled to get another job in the PL. Him moving to Chelsea whilst his stock was high was the right move for him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Cucurella allowing Mahrez on to his left in the box. City score from that shot's rebound.

Cucurella cost how much, exactly?

Worlds most expensive LB, pushed £60m I think

They already had the world's most expensive LB Chilwell when they bought him and alonso

he's looking like a signing by someone who had too much money and not a clue what else to do with it

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worlds most expensive LB, pushed £60m I think

They already had the world's most expensive LB Chilwell when they bought him and alonso

he's looking like a signing by someone who had too much money and not a clue what else to do with it

Well City wanted him for £40m, Chelsea came in like billy big bollocks and said wait we will pay you way over asking price of £60m, he must be good because City want him so we want him more.

Now you look at Brightons newest LB and he is equally as good for just £15m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Chelsea fans are hilarious. If our new badge is a copy of anything it's our own badge that we had for about 20 years prior to the foundation of the Premier League.

to be fair Chelsea had this circular thing in 1953

Chelsea-Logo-1953-1986.png

Having said that having a circular badge has been around for a long time I suspect

18 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Almost a shame Chelsea didn’t pay 80m+ for Antony, he would have been a hattrick in crazy signings together with 63m for Cucurella and 70m for Fofana

They also bid £50m for Lavia, just weeks after Southampton paid £14m for him

Their summer spending was reminiscent of lotto lout Michael Carroll!

• Haha 2

Potter was living the dream at Brighton, some can't blame him for taking the big job. I do, much to early for him, plenty of time to destroy your career with a top 4 club, now was not the time. Boo Hoo Potter, he won't turn it round, he ain't good enough. 

For the record, I wouldn't have had him here, Villa would have destroyed him too!

• Like 1

I do wonder if he can’t handle all those big egos in the Chelsea dressing room. Rumours are that the players didn’t like how tough Tuchel was on them so he was forced out. 

Potter needs time to do his thing and they need to get rid of some players. Quite why they got Auba is beyond me. There was a reason Arsenal got rid and so did Barca after a year… he doesn’t pull his weight anymore! 

28 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Potter needs time to do his thing and they need to get rid of some players. Quite why they got Auba is beyond me. There was a reason Arsenal got rid and so did Barca after a year… he doesn’t pull his weight anymore! 

You don’t get the two year grace period he got at Brighton with the big clubs.

• Like 1

Â