coda

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Boehly seems an odd one. Supposedly told Tuchel the formation to play and who he was going to sign ignoring Tuchel words

That is some weird Moneyball-bullshit going on right there. Tuchel must have felt like Art Howe(in the movie).

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes this appointment even more interesting is the fact that Potter really didn't get Brighton to click in the final third. One of the deficiencies that Tuchel had at Chelsea and obviously an important point leading to his sacking. 

Maybe Potter will click with better players, but still. Curious. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

£22m to get Potter. Madness. 

I agree.

I don't get the hype, Brighton play some nice football at times but they had a similar good start last season then went 14 games without a win and failed to score at home for 3 months. 

I think he'll be sacked within 12 months.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

£22m to get Potter. Madness. 

Is it really though? You get Potter and all his staff

Chelsea paid over 40 million for Chuk, Slonina and Casadei this summer. Why shouldn't they pay that for a manager. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it really though? You get Potter and all his staff

Chelsea paid over 40 million for Chuk, Slonina and Casadei this summer. Why shouldn't they pay that for a manager. 

For a manager with a mixed record it’s a big gamble for a club that is willing to ditch managers so readily. 

9 hours ago, daft said:

What makes this appointment even more interesting is the fact that Potter really didn't get Brighton to click in the final third. 

They were fine they just never had a striker, and still dont. They were relying on maupay for goals which wasnt going to work. 

I have been surprised by the extent of media's seeming determination to talk up Potter's credentials.

The Times did a two-page spread and the BBC assembled a trio of pundits to say only good things about him, and generally talk up the appointment.

I doubt if Potter would have enjoyed such a fanfare if he had joined any club outside the top-six.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I have been surprised by the extent of media's seeming determination to talk up Potter's credentials.

The Times did a two-page spread and the BBC assembled a trio of pundits to say only good things about him, and generally talk up the appointment.

I doubt if Potter would have enjoyed such a fanfare if he had joined any club outside the top-six.

Let's see what they say when he starts losing games. I just can't see him being a success at Chelsea.

I would have just asked for a huge pay rise at Brighton, before I went. He had the easiest job in the Prem.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Let's see what they say when he starts losing games. I just can't see him being a success at Chelsea.

I would have just asked for a huge pay rise at Brighton, before I went. He had the easiest job in the Prem.

He is probably on treble his Brighton wages and the pay off will be much bigger than Brighton offer

He could work at Brighton 5 years or Chelsea 1 year and as working at Chelsea even if he gets sacked will get a good job

Chelsea now come across as that kid that doesn’t want to miss out on anything.

They heard Man City wanted Cucurella, Man City didn’t want to pay £30m for him, Cucurella puts in transfer request and than Chelsea appear with a £60m offer… wtf! Why not just offer £32m or 40 at a push?

Than they hear Chukwuemeka is being touted as a big future prospect…. Oh he could join any club for free next summer, how about bidding £20m for a youngster whose not proven it at the top level yet.

Next, Graham Potter and Brighton are getting lots of plaudits, Chelsea want a piece of that, let’s sack the manager that’s got a 60% win rate and won us some trophies because we don’t want to miss out on this manager. 

Oh let’s spend the most money on transfers, let’s buy all the players. (Doing a Fulham)

Literally acting like a spoilt kid.

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Chelsea now come across as that kid that doesn’t want to miss out on anything.

They heard Man City wanted Cucurella, Man City didn’t want to pay £30m for him, Cucurella puts in transfer request and than Chelsea appear with a £60m offer… wtf! Why not just offer £32m or 40 at a push?

Than they hear Chukwuemeka is being touted as a big future prospect…. Oh he could join any club for free next summer, how about bidding £20m for a youngster whose not proven it at the top level yet.

Next, Graham Potter and Brighton are getting lots of plaudits, Chelsea want a piece of that, let’s sack the manager that’s got a 60% win rate and won us some trophies because we don’t want to miss out on this manager. 

Oh let’s spend the most money on transfers, let’s buy all the players. (Doing a Fulham)

Literally acting like a spoilt kid.

Didn't they also try and sign Raphinha and De Jong after they were heavily linked to Arsenal and Man Utd?

Scattergun transfer approach. 

Edited by Xela

Â