coda

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 4 next season will be very hard. Thats why we must get it now.

I think Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United will all be far stronger but especially Chelsea.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Haha. As if.

They will struggle a lot without European football. Cooking the books by selling hotels to their sister company is saving them from greater losses. The figures are bad. They've got the second-highest wage bill in the league. It's not sustainable.

55 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Until the FFP kicks in

FFP only applies for non sky 6 teams

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Top 4 next season will be very hard. Thats why we must get it now.

I think Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United will all be far stronger but especially Chelsea.

Newcastle will still be in europe at least so will have Thursday/Sunday to cope with for probably longer than they stayed in Europe this season.

I think Europa league is same format as CL next season so will be 8 games before end of January.

Man. United need huge restructuring in their squad so unless it's a Tuchel quality manager coming in I think they'll be relatively lower for most of next season aswell

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

They will struggle a lot without European football. Cooking the books by selling hotels to their sister company is saving them from greater losses. The figures are bad. They've got the second-highest wage bill in the league. It's not sustainable.

They'll probably get into Europe now so that likely keeps Pochettino in a job.

I read somewhere they've managed to fiddle it so the 55m for Mount goes in the books for this summer instead, didn't he join Man. United before 1st July last summer? Also got money coming in for Hall for Newcastle and will sell Maatsen to Dortmund for 35m so there's plenty there and probably just needs one more sale.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll probably get into Europe now so that likely keeps Pochettino in a job.

I read somewhere they've managed to fiddle it so the 55m for Mount goes in the books for this summer instead, didn't he join Man. United before 1st July last summer? Also got money coming in for Hall for Newcastle and will sell Maatsen to Dortmund for 35m so there's plenty there and probably just needs one more sale.

The Mount deal went into last year's PSR calcs. I agree they've got some money coming this summer, but think they'll need to sell quite a few. 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wonder if sterling could be tempted by Saudi? 

He's done and I can't see a European team affording him or wanting him 

Chelsea gave him a 5 year deal when he signed so he'll be tough to shift.

No surprise they've started scoring far more without him botching up one on ones.

I said 6 months ago when they were struggling that they will be around the top 4 next season and I stand by that. 

If the season was longer they wouldn't be far of THIS year, despite an atrocious start. They have some very good players and a f*** ton of money.

Even with FFP, they are looking strong for a challenge next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I said 6 months ago when they were struggling that they will be around the top 4 next season and I stand by that. 

If the season was longer they wouldn't be far of THIS year, despite an atrocious start. They have some very good players and a f*** ton of money.

Even with FFP, they are looking strong for a challenge next year.

Agree, and they've still got top players to come back into the team in Fofana, Lavia, and Nkunku. All spent the season injured. 

Only concern would be replacing Thiago Silva over the summer. Old or not, he's been their best CB.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To be fair I think a few on SM were saying this time last year that Chelsea would come good for this season!

It's a very interesting summer ahead of them: imo just as things could go right they could also go horribly, horribly wrong for them. Their FFP issue looms over their summer (they're trying to sell Gallagher and Chalobah, etc.). From the sounds of it they're going to be looking for a new manager: Poch's been saying stuff in press conferences that really sound like he knows he's gone in the summer.

In a managerial market where the demand for top coaches far exceeds supply (look how badly Bayern are struggling!) that may not be ideal if they don't have someone lined up.

I think it's possible that they handle this well and come out a strong team, but there are a lot of concerns that, combined with the track record of their owners, they could end up regressing if they appoint a dud and/or mismanage another transfer window.

Edited by wishywashy

10 hours ago, wishywashy said:

That really doesn't sound like an answer you'd give if you remotely think you're going to stay...

Just out of his hands I think he ment.

Â