Brad Guzan

R.Bear

We do need a decent back up goalie though

he might be near end of his career but Given could still do a job if Guzan was injured, though if wages was the worry we could do with a cheaper back-up.

for some reason we have been linked with Robinson who is apparently out of contract next month

I think we will have real trouble trying to find a buyer for Given so he will stay as number two for a while I think. As he showed in the Norwich game, he can still do a job for us. That save from Holt before we went up the other end and scored could well have turned the game.

I am pretty sure he was offered a new contract and he turned it down...

The impression I got was that it wasn't really down to either manager's wisdom or foolishness: he wanted to see if he could get a better offer than what we could afford. He had a look around and, seeing as he'd never set the world on fire, there wasn't one. So he came back to us. And thank **** he did. Our first proper goalie since Bosnich, imo.

I'd argue that Given isn't a back-up goalie though - certainly not with the wages he's on.

I'd agree with this. With the form Guzan has shown this season if he continues in anything like that vain there is no chance of Given retaining the number 1 jersey. With that in mind there is something seriously wrong with having the back up keeper on at least twice the wages as the number 1.

Given is still a decent keeper but if someone is happy to take him off our hands in January then Lambert would certainly let him go. I'd imagine due to his wages we'd be happy to let him go for nothing and look to bring in a young keeper from the lower leagues.

I love this man! Wouldn't think it will be too long before he takes the No. 1 spot for the American national team either.

For me he epitomises everything that is good in sport.

The anti-Suarez, if you will.

And I sooooo agree with that!

Given needs to go, he's on far too much money. I wonder if Celtic can tempt him? I know Celtic have a pretty decent number 1, but I do remember Given saying it's his 'dream' to play for them.

I'm struggling to see who would sign him unless he wants first team football over silly money.

Â