Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Top notch saves today.

Especially one around 70 minutes I think it was, creeping and awkward header that he pushed out for a corner, he was on the ball there :)

And the last couple of minutes showed brilliant confidence and will. I love him I do, I might go and sit in a tree with him.

Quite remarkable given the season we have had and the amount of goals we have conceded that Brad has had a good season. Also shows how much mental strength the guy has that he hasn't let the amount of times he has had to pick the ball out the net get him down.

The passion he showed today alongside a lot of the other lads will certainly help in our battle to stay up.

He's actually come on leaps and bounds, when a lot of folk (me included) were not too long ago saying he would never make the cut.

Now, I feel with a strong defense in front of him, he can become No.1 for some time.

Nice to be proven wrong occasionally.

Just dominates his box. He came out every time and challenged every ball. He was so happy at the end of the match.

That's it for me, he's a proper keeper. Dominant, brave and a decent shot stopper to boot. He's yet to drop one in this season too, which may or may not come but for now it's a nice "stat" to own.

None of this is reactionary after a win either, he's having a good season regardless. Villa's number one, who'd have thought that 6 months ago eh?

what I like most is how each and every corner he is shouting, pointing, and directing everyone as if he said "screw it, I am taking charge", and then backing it up by coming so bravely after every ball in the box. Just what we need in this fight.

Very solid player both consistency wise and physically.

He just crashes packs and puts his body on the line to claim aerial balls. Very good reactions too.

My only real criticism of his would be he takes a little too long to get counter-attacks going, but that could be down to the outfield players being in wrong positions to start a counter though.

• 2 weeks later...

Has been tremendous. One of my favorites this year, if not number 1. Has been really good and there hasn`t been one match where I felt he had a bad one. Even when he let 8 goals in he was the motm. Which really says a lot. Fantastic attitude and it looks like he really gives a damn as well. I find it hard to be negative about him.

Has been tremendous. One of my favorites this year, if not number 1. Has been really good and there hasn`t been one match where I felt he had a bad one. Even when he let 8 goals in he was the motm. Which really says a lot. Fantastic attitude and it looks like he really gives a damn as well. I find it hard to be negative about him.

I agree. I hope if we go down we can keep Guzan. I can honestly see a few clubs not just in England wanting Guzan. 

Â