Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I think there would be plenty of clubs who would take him and pay him a decent wage.

He might not get quite as much as he's on here or as long a contract as he's on here, but as we said, he seems like the kind of keeper who wants to play and I think he'll have some solid offers.

He could have bled City for another 2 years at least (one could posit the exorbitant length of contract we offered was intended to offset the fact that we couldn't match the wages Given was likely on at City), and in addition to wanting out once usurped by Hart he also put a transfer request in back at Newcastle when he wasn't playing. At his age, I'd be very surprised if his desire to stuff his wallet took precedence over his desire to play regularly.

You still feel there's a cock up or two in Guzan.

There is potential for mistakes in every keeper, even so-called 'best in the league' Joe Hart has had a few shockers this season. I am so confident with Brad in goal though, so glad we re-signed him. In fact I would go as far as to say I am more confident in him in his current form than I ever have been with Given.

You still feel there's a cock up or two in Guzan. If Given keeps working hard at training then I can see him getting another chance.

Resisting the urge to make obvious gay jokes. When has Guzan ever cocked up? I remember him having a bad game in the LC semi final against Blackburn but he's been solid apart from that. I don't remember any obvious mistakes.

is it just me or did brad grow four inches in the off-season? Has been player of the season for me so far....

the fact that he comes off his line and takes control makes a massive difference... would love to build on some clean sheets, because if we can start to get a run of them and have our back five playing wiht a bit of swagger, i think this defence has the potential to be ace...

tough three weeks coming up though...

no goals for you, van persie, aguero and podolski....

UTV

• 2 weeks later...

8 goals in two games - not blaming brad at all, but shouldnt Shay be Given a chance now??

No way. Guzan has saved us so many times this season. Without Guzan we wouldn't have gotten the point against Swansea for example. He has keep us in nearly every game.

From yesterday's match what do you expect from him?

1st goal - The ball literally popped out and the city player got there before any of the defenders and hit it in from 2 yards

2nd & 3rd goals - Penalties so you can't blame him for that

4th goal - that is the only one I can say he was at fault for. The ball took a deflection from going far point to near point and Guzan reacted too slowly

5th goal - Again a tap in from 2 yards. That is just poor defending all around.

Guzan keeps us in games and organizes the defense much better than Given. Plus Guzan commands his box unlike Given. Honestly I think Given's time is done here. He was pretty bad in the beginning of the season.

Â