Brad Guzan

R.Bear

as for today its rare to say after an 8-0 defeat but the goalkeeper was our best player. kept score in single figures and made a good penalty save, think was only the last goal and maybe the luiz free-kick(as looked a bit central) he could have done better

Best player in the Chelsea game for us and without him on form it could have been 18-0. Chelsea had 18 shots on target and each one other than the 8 that went in looked likely to go in if it wasn't for Guzan. I just hope he realises that this is a freak occurrence and that he wasn't to blame as much as the score sheet may indicate.

• 2 weeks later...

Another excellent game from Bradley. Where would we be without him?

That save from Michu was world class, a certain goal denied. Our keeper is one position we dont have to worry about. Having said that, if he gets injured, it could be the difference between staying up or going down.

Everytime the OS run a Guzan-centric article leading with this picture, I like to imagine he's evaluating the rest of the team...

0,,10265~11251968,00.jpg

"You're shit, you can go. You can go. You, you can stay, but get a **** haircut. And you, you're shite as well. Yup, you too."

Felt sorry for him in the beginning against Swansea. People just running free at him with defenders trailing a couple meters back. Thought he could have done a bit more with the goal at the end but I blame that on being unsighted/slight deflection.

• 3 weeks later...

100% SHOULD HAVE PLAYED TONIGHT...

Given has cost us a cup final.

His flapping and menial presence in the penalty areas for corners cost us at Valley Parade (twice) and at Villa park (once).

If Guzan was in goal, he would have either come out and grabbed it or had a good attempt at saving it...

100% SHOULD HAVE PLAYED TONIGHT...

Given has cost us a cup final.

His flapping and menial presence in the penalty areas for corners cost us at Valley Parade (twice) and at Villa park (once).

If Guzan was in goal, he would have either come out and grabbed it or had a good attempt at saving it...

Complete and utter bullshit if you're blaming him for last night.

Seriously, everyone's entitled to their opinion. But this is horseshit.

Edited by Stevo985

To clarify, he had a man stood in front of him making it hard for him to come out for anything.

And the delivery was outside of the 6 yard box. Even without a man in front of him that would be risky to come and claim.

I've said before, but VT's reactions to goalkeepers is **** embarassing. And if you're blaming GIven for last night then quite frankly you need to have a **** lie down and look at the big picture.

• 3 weeks later...
Â