Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Guzan doesn't lack self confidence, that's for sure. I think he'll make a few horror mistakes from time to time, but I think we are looking at the Villa keeper for years to come...

The good thing about Guzan is that he has overcome some things in his career (the drop of form, being dropped from the league cup final, being 2nd fiddle) and come out stronger for it. He has shown already that he isn't afraid of adversity and will work hard to get through the bad times - this sort of character is great in any sport and gives me a lot of confidence in him.

• Like 1

I think he has become a lot more commanding coming for crosses and corners.

That was what I saw as his big weakness before.

To be honest I don't think it was a weakness.

I think he just had that one bad game against Blackburn in the cup where he looked dodgy coming for the ball, and that reputation sort of stuck with him.

I can't remember any other time when he's struggled with commanding his area.

I think he has become a lot more commanding coming for crosses and corners.

That was what I saw as his big weakness before.

I wouldn't say it was a weakness as such but inexperience in that area.

I have noticed more now that he commands the area by communicating better and shouting being an extra voice (something friedel used to do well) and glad to see Guzan now adding this to his game.

You can see he is more of a composed confident keeper now than what he was in his first spell here.

All positive stuff and good to see him turning into one of the best goalkeepers in the premier league.

To be honest I don't think it was a weakness.

I think he just had that one bad game against Blackburn in the cup where he looked dodgy coming for the ball, and that reputation sort of stuck with him.

I can't remember any other time when he's struggled with commanding his area.

Good point. It is the Blackburn game that I had on my mind, so you are probably right.

Â