Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Given needs to go, he's on far too much money. I wonder if Celtic can tempt him? I know Celtic have a pretty decent number 1, but I do remember Given saying it's his 'dream' to play for them.

I'm struggling to see who would sign him unless he wants first team football over silly money.

with Szeczny injury prone and a bit of a liability, Arsenal wouldnt be a bad shout. Or he could go Spurs to complete their 5 a side goalkeeper team ;)

Love him.

And love his trolling of Suarez.

Haha, yeah me too.

Suarez is so thick. Guzan gave him a 'little bite' which fooled Suarez in to thinking he'd riled Guzan up and then put all his time and effort in to counting how long Guzan held the ball for.

I hope he plays in the league cup semi final. Can't risk Given in goal anymore in that cup competition - means too much.

It's an interesting choice for Lambert. Guzan played ahead of Friedal and looked poor in the Blackburn semi-final. Now he's the main man and makes way for Given in the cup.

Gooooooooose :'(

I hope he plays in the league cup semi final. Can't risk Given in goal anymore in that cup competition - means too much.

Hmmm I dunno. It's a tough one. I never agreed with dropping Guzan for the cup final a few years back despite his poor performance in the semi so it would be hypocritical of me to think different now.

However, if we did make the final, perhaps it could be argued Guzan is owed one?

I am pretty sure he was offered a new contract and he turned it down...

Yeah, that's what I understood.

Contract was always there, he wanted first team football, realised he couldn't get it at a decent level, so came back.

And thank goodness he did!

Given needs to go, he's on far too much money. I wonder if Celtic can tempt him? I know Celtic have a pretty decent number 1, but I do remember Given saying it's his 'dream' to play for them.

I'm struggling to see who would sign him unless he wants first team football over silly money.

I didn't see it, but from what Kamara was tweeting yesterday, they had Given on Goals on Sunday and he very much said (as a lot of us predicted) that he wanted first team football because the clock is ticking on his career and so would have to think about moving if necessary. So sounds like he wants to play and will leave if he needs to.

I think Celtic is a good shout. Forster has been excellent recently and I think it's feasible that he'll get a move to the Premier League and we could see Given going up to Celtic to replace him.

I think Celtic is a good shout. Forster has been excellent recently and I think it's feasible that he'll get a move to the Premier League and we could see Given going up to Celtic to replace him.

Yeah I was thinking along these lines too. If Forster moves, Given will go to Celtic.

And maybe that will be the structure of what happens with him in January in the sense of a team who can afford his wage, who sell their first choice keeper may look to Given as first on their shopping list.

I still think he's a good keeper though despite having a shaky game against Norwich, he made three spectacular saves.

I think there will be plenty of takers for him. Mayeb not in January but certainly in the summer.

People were saying he'd stick around on his fat contract, but I really don't think he's that kind of person. He wants to play. The fact he took a pay cut to move here from Man City shows that, and this talk from Goals on Sunday backs that up.

Yeah he wanted to play but he didn't want to take a drop in money, that is why we gave him a longer contract because we couldn't match the wages. So over the duration of the deal he would earn what he would have done at City but over a longer period.

It isn't just players that don't like wage drops, it's agents too. I just don't see Given being happy to take a big drop to move and who is going to get close to the £2.6m a year we are supposed to be paying him a year. That is £9.1m over the remaining 3 1/2 years of his contract.

to think more openly about this, given is still a good keeper, probably still within a top 10 of goalkeepers in the league, and the fact that we have him on the bench, says it all about how good we still are without him

now to be fair, he could walk into most teams in the league, and despite him being on huge wages, we as a club arent that bad off where we are in urgent need to offload him, we could easily keep him till his contract is up, and if guzan got injured, (not that he will as he doesnt need to do much with our defence sorting the business out) then id feel quite comfortable with given between the sticks, maybe im saying this as ive accepted that no other club would pay high wages for a 38 yr old

Â