Brad Guzan

R.Bear

When the Ginger one came in wasn't that the beginning of the wage clamp down?? Why is everyone so sure he is on huge wages??

For me getting rid of or keeping given is very last on the to do list.

We have a quality number 2 at the mo. I like that. Why change it?? From what I saw on Goals on Sunday he wants to fight for his place. Still think his save at the Baggies kept us up. Great save.

I like having Given here as it's also great for Guzan to have him pushing him.

I'm so happy for Brad that he has taken this opportunity with both hands.

I think having a keeper with the quality of Given waiting in the wings has kept him on his toes.

I'm just so glad we managed to re-sign him, imagine how frustrated we would be watching him play this well for somebody else knowing we let him go for nothing?

One thing that I have found disappointing is the way certain fans have completely turned on Given, some of his saves kept us up last year - make no mistake about it!

One thing that I have found disappointing is the way certain fans have completely turned on Given, some of his saves kept us up last year - make no mistake about it!

He did but he had a shocking first few games this season, is on a lot of money and a big contract and we all kind of know he will happily sit there raking in the cash until it expires. He wont get anywhere near the first choice unless Guzan gets injured.

Given is past his best, I think we can all agree on that, but who are any of us to say that he doesn't genuinely believe he can get back in the team?

I think any suggestions that he's happy to just sit on the bench and see out his contract are a little out of line.

People will always create a problem when there isn't one!! It's great to have 2 Premier League quality keepers. To be honest I think I'd prefer Guzan to be playing. Purely because he's been good for us and I only want the relationship between him and the young players at the back to keep getting better and keep getting to know each other ready for the years ahead.

Given is a great player to come in for cup games and as back up though. Would you drop Guzan in favour of Given to play at Wembley if we made it to the Cup Final?

Given is a great player to come in for cup games and as back up though. Would you drop Guzan in favour of Given to play at Wembley if we made it to the Cup Final?

I have little faith in Given at the moment. He looks like he lost all his confidence since being dropped. On a side note, I still wish MON started Guzan over Freidel against Man U in the final. Guzan got us there and deserved to be given that chance. Guzan stated that really affected his game and made him lose nearly all confidence.

Guzan would have started the final but had that shocking semi vs Blackburn as I mentioned in the OP. It was the right call from MON at the time. Ironically, Guzan now is immense from high balls into the box. Doesnt drop a thing.

is on a lot of money and a big contract and we all kind of know he will happily sit there raking in the cash until it expires.

Do we though? He left a big contract at Man City to join us for regular first team action. I would be inclined to say he would do so again.

I have little faith in Given at the moment. He looks like he lost all his confidence since being dropped. On a side note, I still wish MON started Guzan over Freidel against Man U in the final. Guzan got us there and deserved to be given that chance. Guzan stated that really affected his game and made him lose nearly all confidence.

what? that is a bizarre statement. he has only played 3 games since being dropped and were all wins, he even made some good saves vs Norwich

Â