Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 03/03/2017 at 12:37, Davkaus said:

Haha, without a doubt.

It's funny, I feel the same as a lot of you guys, I'm now undeniably in my late twenties, at 28; at 27 I could still convince myself that I was mid-twenties. But I still feel basically the same as I did when I was a student. Somehow I have a career, and some crazy people have given me a mortgage and let me on the road, which I don't understand at all. I often feel like an imposter.

Then I had lunch with some of the younger staff at work that are about 20-21, and it felt like I was babysitting.

I'm 28 and I still feel guilty as heck when I'm buying alcohol in the supermarket.

6 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'm 28 and I still feel guilty as heck when I'm buying alcohol in the supermarket.

I do it knowing I'm walking out of there full blown Vince McMahon if they refuse to serve me, trolley full with a months worth of food, not selling me the bottle of creme de Cassis cos I've got no ID? You can put the **** lot back then

it's actually happened to me twice, my missus did not enjoy it 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'm 63, and I still get a little buzz out of the fact of being allowed to do grown-up things, like staying up late and seeing 18 films. Probably why I enjoy being retired even more - having a boss was like having a parent who could tell you off. Gone. 

• Like 3

Without mentioning names of course...

What happens to the posters who just stop coming here? Do they join other forums or just stop posting online in general? This place is like smack to me, I struggle to go a day or two without coming here. I couldn't imagine joining another Villa forum

• Like 3

I remember hearing Gareth had jumped ship to a goalkeeper's forum. As for the rest, who knows? Presumably many stop coming because Villa have been too depressing for the last few years and others may have actual lives.

Saying that, I have a pretty active social life but I still manage. Perhaps it'd be different if I had a girlfriend. I reckon I'd still come and hang out with you reprobates even if I did though. 

On 3/5/2017 at 14:22, Ginko said:

I remember hearing Gareth had jumped ship to a goalkeeper's forum. As for the rest, who knows? Presumably many stop coming because Villa have been too depressing for the last few years and others may have actual lives.

Gareth just disappeared, full stop. He doesn't even play with us on PSN anymore.

On 05/03/2017 at 13:10, Xela said:

Without mentioning names of course...

What happens to the posters who just stop coming here? Do they join other forums or just stop posting online in general? This place is like smack to me, I struggle to go a day or two without coming here. I couldn't imagine joining another Villa forum

Neo's mate can be found posting on xxxxyourauntie.com.

talking of oldies .... Joe Lolley scored against me on Dream Soccer last night on the app store  ... I'd downloaded a new version of the game and had to start again in the lower leagues and got Huddersfield in the cup 

• 2 weeks later...

Probable generalisation here,

But why is it those who are religious, are often the most bigoted people? Looking at Muslims, looking at the Christian-right in US etc.

I thought religion was about love and tolerance, yet it seems to have become a banner for hate and bigotry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Probable generalisation here,

But why is it those who are religious, are often the most bigoted people? Looking at Muslims, looking at the Christian-right in US etc.

I thought religion was about love and tolerance, yet it seems to have become a banner for hate and bigotry.

It is about love. I love you so much that I need to tell you how wrong you are to save you from eternal damnation.

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

When you say "thought", what do you mean? I suspect that you've never thought about this at all, but just received this information from an authority. :)

All the Abrahamic religions established themselves by spreading hate and bigotry, they didn't "become" like this.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

When you say "thought", what do you mean? I suspect that you've never thought about this at all, but just received this information from an authority. :)

All the Abrahamic religions established themselves by spreading hate and bigotry, they didn't "become" like this.

I worded it badly.

Often religious people cite themselves as self-righteous and caring etc but often they're more bigoted and discriminatory than non-religious people.

What's with that?

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I worded it badly.

Often religious people cite themselves as self-righteous and caring etc but often they're more bigoted and discriminatory than non-religious people.

What's with that?

Cognitive dissonance.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2016 at 09:41, Shropshire Lad said:

We've been quiz champions for six years now. We nearly lost it two years ago - unjustly, because Gareth was quizmaster then and the question was "What type of alien is Mr Spock?".

Everyone put Vulcan, which is incorrect. Mr Spock is half-Vulcan, half-human, ok?

And Gareth went, "Oh, look, everyone gets one point," but I said, "No, everyone does not get one point."

"Carpet Munchers don't get a point, Dr W***enstein doesn't. Steven Hawkings' Football Boots don't get a point. I do."

I had to go home to get a book to prove it. They went, "Oh, yeah, you're right. Well done. You've won. Sorry."

No apologies necessary. Let's get on with the quiz but...remember, learn.

I've only just realised how far back in this thread I've been reading. Anyway.

Surely the correct answer is Vulcan? The question was 'What type of alien is Spock'. Well, you don't need to say half-human, because you've already qualified it that human doesn't need to be included in the answer as human wouldn't be alien.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Surely the correct answer is Vulcan? The question was 'What type of alien is Spock'. Well, you don't need to say half-human, because you've already qualified it that human doesn't need to be included in the answer as human wouldn't be alien.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Don't worry about it.

Shropshire Lad threw a kettle over a pub once. And that's the real quiz.

Â