Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

23 hours ago, blandy said:

Pulled by plod for driving with Cox in hand. No chance of a turnover for that offence, even on applepeal

I hope he didn't Jazz over a Pink Lady. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I hope he didn't Jazz over a Pink Lady. 

You’ve pipped a whole gala of posters to the core issue of the day - apple puns

• Haha 1

On 30/04/2024 at 17:58, bickster said:

Yep that’s definitely a thing, it’s one of those things these new cameras they are trialing (in Somerset iirc? ) is meant to pick up

Would have to be Somerset for the apple munchers! 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Current cow bird flu outbreak. Should we be scaremongering ourselves or not? 

I'm off to buy toilet roll.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

stick to shagging goats instead of cows and you'll be fine mate 

• Haha 1

Which are the best Party Rings? Pink Party Rings, White Party Rings or Yellow Party Rings?

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just jab yourself with somink random,  you'll be fine 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Does anyone truly ever not act out of self-interest?

A girl I was seeing a couple of years back argued that even if you lived the perfect life, it couldn't not be selfish. Even if you gave everything you had, time, energy, love, money, effort to everyone else, you're still doing it as an act of self interest. It's a hard thing to not argue.

Nice girl, bit mental in the head, but a cracking pair of tits.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, T-Dog said:

A girl I was seeing a couple of years back argued that even if you lived the perfect life, it couldn't not be selfish. Even if you gave everything you had, time, energy, love, money, effort to everyone else, you're still doing it as an act of self interest. It's a hard thing to not argue.

This is an old chestnut among philosophers. The argument runs that if you get any satisfaction from doing good deeds, then you are doing them out of self interest. 

I guess if you gave everything away out of guilt and/or peer pressure, and absolutely hated it, it might qualify. But only if you don't wallow masochistically in your misery.  :)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Yup. It does my head in to contemplate.

Posted (edited)

Does every country have travelers who want to be the only person from their country who travels? I remember when living abroad that I sometimes met Americans who seemed really bothered to encounter other Americans. (Of course, maybe they just found me really irritating. 🤣) They wanted to be the only American in the room, and here I was, messing things up. I actually worked with an American in London who seemed like this too, at least for a while. But do people from other countries also do this? I always felt like people from other countries would actually be kind of glad to see their fellow country men and women. When you travel to, say, Japan, do you feel irritated when you run into another person from Britain?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

On 01/05/2024 at 10:01, blandy said:

You’ve pipped a whole gala of posters to the core issue of the day - apple puns

Such wordplay doesn’t appeal to everyone 😉

Â