Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

They should follow the honesty policy as they do in Germany.  Self bought, self scanned (or punched).  Have random, un-uniformed police checking tickets, if you are caught without the correct ticket the punishment is fairly harsh.

They have something like a 92% success rate in people purchasing tickets etc.

The only difference is that you don't get absolutely shafted on prices.  National owned innit.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

They should follow the honesty policy as they do in Germany.  Self bought, self scanned (or punched).  Have random, un-uniformed police checking tickets, if you are caught without the correct ticket the punishment is fairly harsh.

When I worked in Freiberg, transport on the tram on match days was free.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

In large chinks of the western world (I can't speak for the rest). Public transport to big events is usually free.

That's cool.

I wasn't specifically talking about sporting events, that was just a time when I observed how many people must not have bought a ticket.

If they policed ticket purchasing better they might save enough to offer matchday transport for free here too :) 

On 23/01/2017 at 12:06, ender4 said:

and if everyone did purchase the correct ticket at the right price, then more money would be received, and ticket prices could be lowered, and so more people would purchase the correct ticket at the right price. 

What makes you think the rail companies would lower their prices? Freeze perhaps but never lower.

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why the eff are humans wired to be sexually attracted to people's arses?

I'm guessing it's because doggy style is the 'natural', default copulation method. 

13 hours ago, colhint said:

can you still buy wine with real corks in them?

Yep. Much Spanish and upper-end French wine still has corks. 

Much more satisfying to open - you get to hear the word 'pork'. 

bkpork.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. Much Spanish and upper-end French wine still has corks. 

Much more satisfying to open - you get to hear the word 'pork'. 

Also, it's kind of an environmental bonus. The cork oak forests are teeming with wildlife and it's one of those traditional industries, with sustainable small farms and all that. Much better than some industrial metal pressing plant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

What's the deal with the police if they catch you with a Swiss army knife in the UK?

Where are you, and where is the knife? Obviously the reaction is likely to be a different if you're on a camping trip with the kids, or if you've got it pressed against some mofo's neck outside a bar. 

• Like 1

Â