Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

What's the deal with the police if they catch you with a Swiss army knife in the UK?

Boring answer alert:

It's "fine" as long as the blade doesn't lock open and is under 3" long (and you're not attempting to whittle someone into a set of clothes pegs I suppose).

Edited by CardiffGreens
edit as it didn't actually make much sense first time out...

Police will rarely bother with small locking knives if you have a legitimate reason to carry one and it's in context. For example my wheel trims are secured to the wheel with plastic ties. If I need to change the wheel I need to cut those ties. That explanation will/has be accepted in a traffic stop. But it's not going to wash if you are on Platform 2 at New Street and you don't own a car. 

18 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I live in Bulgaria.

I've been stopped and searched twice and they've just tossed it on the bonnet along with my keys and wallet.

Confiscated my 12" dildo though...

Ah, cavity search. Gotcha.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2017 at 00:21, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Police will rarely bother with small locking knives if you have a legitimate reason to carry one and it's in context. For example my wheel trims are secured to the wheel with plastic ties. If I need to change the wheel I need to cut those ties. That explanation will/has be accepted in a traffic stop. But it's not going to wash if you are on Platform 2 at New Street and you don't own a car. 

download.jpg

• Like 1

It was a slow day at work and we resorted to debating this statement: 

All competitive sports that involve a ball are based upon the competitors trying to place the ball(s) somewhere whilst the opposition tries to prevent them OR the competitors try to place the ball in a location before their opponents. 

We only came up with one "sport" that doesn't fit.  That was skittles/bowling. 

Shotput was hotly debated as the weight of the object is the main factor. The fact it happens to be spherical is irrelevant. 

Can anyone think of any more?

There must be thousands of ball games but seemingly only 2 basic rules.  

4 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

It was a slow day at work and we resorted to debating this statement: 

All competitive sports that involve a ball are based upon the competitors trying to place the ball(s) somewhere whilst the opposition tries to prevent them OR the competitors try to place the ball in a location before their opponents. 

We only came up with one "sport" that doesn't fit.  That was skittles/bowling. 

Shotput was hotly debated as the weight of the object is the main factor. The fact it happens to be spherical is irrelevant. 

Can anyone think of any more?

There must be thousands of ball games but seemingly only 2 basic rules.  

What about the ball routine in rhythmic gymnastics? It is in the olympics so is technically a sport, and is competitive as you try to score the highest marks. The only reason I can see why not is whether it is technically a sport in its own right, or a subset of gymnastics in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Is it my imagination but did we at one point have people posting to VT using 2 different accounts?

(10 years ago maybe or was it on another place entirely)

There were examples of such naughtiness way back when, which is why the last line of the posting guidelines reads ...

Duplicate VillaTalk accounts are not permitted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

How much spare time to people have to post 39,410 times? :o

That's about 10 posts a day since he joined. It's a lot, but before the great database reconciliation quite a few posters had more than that.

• Like 1

Â