Alan Hutton

Rich_D

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The reason he's had so much of the ball for much of his career is because he isn't scared to try and get on it.

Too many pansies in the side happy to be in the background in his eight year run here.

If only he didn't wallop it into the stands so often.

He gets the ball because the opposition know he won't do anything with the ball 99% of the time. As you said.. If only he didn't wallop it into the stands so often.

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The reason he's had so much of the ball for much of his career is because he isn't scared to try and get on it.

Too many pansies in the side happy to be in the background in his eight year run here.

If only he didn't wallop it into the stands so often.

He has made a career with us in the same way Gabby has and a few others.....complacency.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

He gets the ball because the opposition know he won't do anything with the ball 99% of the time. As you said.. If only he didn't wallop it into the stands so often.

Full backs always see a lot of the ball at Villa park......shame we haven't got good ones to prosper from that situation.

8 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Agreed...we have been lacking in this area for quite some time. Hope the new French guy proves to be a good buy!

will they let him in after Brexit?😀

on the other hand...it'll probably still be going on.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Or a Mark Delaney. 

Kevin gage, not fancy but rock solid and more skilful than you would think.

Was playing at a time I never missed a game and while Platt mcinally and co got all the plaudits he was a beast 

Just had a bit of an idea - if you had to list all the right backs we've had in the last 20 years, where would Hutton rank on your list?

For me he'd actually be near the bottom.

1. Mark Delaney
2. Luke Young
3. Kyle Walker
4. Matt Lowton
5. Olof Mellberg
6.Ryan Bertrand
7. Carlos Cuellar
8. NRC
9. Alan Hutton
10. De La Cruz
11. Didier Agathe

8 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Just had a bit of an idea - if you had to list all the right backs we've had in the last 20 years, where would Hutton rank on your list?

1. Mark Delaney
2. Luke Young
3. Kyle Walker
4. Matt Lowton
5. Olof Mellberg
6.Ryan Bertrand
7. Carlos Cuellar
8. NRC
9. Alan Hutton
10. De La Cruz
11. Didier Agathe

Bertrand was left back and he is better than Cuellar and Reo Coker 

Luke Young also few places too high and Habib Beye sadly missing 😉

• Like 2

On 01/03/2019 at 08:44, TRO said:

He has made a career with us in the same way Gabby has and a few others.....complacency.

Oh come off it.  Not a great right back perhaps, but his attitude has been first class.  A comparison to Agnonlahor is ridiculous, they're at the opposite ends of the scale.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

1. Mark Delaney
2. Luke Young
3. Kyle Walker
4. Matt Lowton
5. Olof Mellberg
6.Ryan Bertrand
7. Carlos Cuellar
8. NRC
9. Alan Hutton
10. De La Cruz
11. Didier Agathe

On the basis of this list I would rank him somewhere between 12 and 100. Somewhere just above Bardsley.

Â