Alan Hutton

Rich_D

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

He ultimately did something bombing forwards against the bluescum. 

Yup, that one bit of brilliance in an ultimately poor and unfortunate Villa career. Gave his all, which as fans is all we can ask for, but unfortunately was not good enough. Still, I give props to the guy as his attitude is second to none - just didn't have the ability to match. 

• Like 1

I really like the lad....like him more than I rate him.

Sometimes these things have a habit of forcing you in to better things....I think his time is up anyway.

His positional play more than anything puts us in danger on so many occasions....but I still wish him a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

‘Unfortunately not good enough’ He was good enough for the manager that bought him and those that subsequently selected him. He was sadly not good enough for the Villa fans, let’s face not many are able to achieve that accolade anyway.

2 minutes ago, smg said:

‘Unfortunately not good enough’ He was good enough for the manager that bought him and those that subsequently selected him. He was sadly not good enough for the Villa fans, let’s face not many are able to achieve that accolade anyway.

He wasn't good enough when we stlll had deluded aspirations of being a top 6 side.

He wasn't good enough when we were a mid table side.

He wasn't good enough when we were a relegation candidate.

He wasn't good enough when we a Championship side with dreams of being promoted.

He isn't good enough now that we are a mid table Championship side.

There were points during last season he almost won me over, I kind of bought into the Alan love in for a while, but honestly, he is an awful footballer. I am not going to pretend it's the end of an era and I will miss him. I won't. For the best part of 10 years I have sat there wishing we didn't have Alan Hutton playing for us.

• Like 1

Always gave his all with the things he thought was fun, busting forward, tackling...

Not at all bothered with the tactical side of defending as a unit, positioning or getting his ass back in defense when his cross hit the first defender causing a counter attack for the opponents.

Shame his career here ended like it did, also shame it didn't end years ago.

On 24/02/2019 at 19:49, kiltorken said:

In the last 5 or 6 years no player has played with more pride for the shirt than Hutton, he's put more than enough effort in to the cause to deserve respect from villa fans regardless of personal views of him as a player. I'll be sad to see him go. 

I actually thought he was a disgrace in the relegation year but he has worked pretty hard the last 2 seasons.  Wish him all the best.

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That should be top 4. We were top 6.

Not when Hutton was brought in, we weren't. He signed in 2011 (we'd just finished 9th, and would go on to finish 16th), our last top 6 finish was in 2009. Since then it's been a tragic downward spiral, oddly reminiscent of Hutton's career. 

Edited by Davkaus

8 years. 8 yeeeeeeears.

If you had told young Rodders on that opening day that he would be watching Alan Hutton 8 years later, I think he would have topped himself then and there.

Thinks haven't gone too terribly in life. I have retained my looks, sure. Maybe even improved on them, some may say. I still have my 32 inch waist, a full head of hair and my health...but at what cost. What cost?!

I would trade it all in tomorrow to have no had to suffer like I have done.

8 years. 8 yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears.

Alan Hutton stole my youth. He stole my belief in the beautiful game. I am a jaded man through watching Alan. I used to believe in things, man. Footballer's capable of playing football. What a fool I was. What an idealistic fool. Now all I believe in is running 90 yards and falling over.

Football.

**** it.

• Thanks 1

i must say i'm finding the reactions on here somewhat surprising...it's like those that dont buy into the scottish cafu hype want to demonstrate that by slating him good and proper. he's really not as bad as being made out...and added a couple of goals this season too (the same number as jack might i add with only 1 extra league appearance). jesus there were many that applauded gabby when he left despite the fact that he practically lived in KFC during our relegation season

he was one of the few that could hold his head high when we went down, took a pay cut, and still gives his all (which is more than can be said about many). i for one hope that we get to see him in a villa shirt again this season and give him a good send off.

• Like 3

The reason he's had so much of the ball for much of his career is because he isn't scared to try and get on it.

Too many pansies in the side happy to be in the background in his eight year run here.

If only he didn't wallop it into the stands so often.

• Like 1

Â