Alan Hutton

Rich_D

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok stats aside it’s all down to opinions and for me if you want your right back to be all action, last minute slide tackles and bombing up the pitch on every opportunity then Hutton’s your man. 

If you prefer to him to read the game better so doesn’t have to do last minute challenges and a little more selective with when to run forward then Elmo’s your man. Unfortunately you do lose that agression with Elmo so he will rarely go to ground with a tackle. 

I prefer Elmo but I can understand why some would prefer Hutton.

I think it's where we can see a better quality full back who will do a bit of both and we improve as a team....it's where limited players divide opinion.

We were talking about CB's with height recently.....now we can see the improvement.

We just need to improve the playing staff and then we will be ready to challenge with gusto.

some of our players are excellent , others iffy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 12/03/2019 at 08:23, AvfcRigo82 said:

Or a conspiracy as It's 265 mins since Jack's been back.

Well based on your logic its not a conspiracy as Jack has only been back for 180mins.

Also if you want to apply more logic he was taken off at 71 mins in Derby game and 83 at weekend so that reduces it by another 36mins not counting injury time in the two games.  So in theory 144mins.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't think Hutton is needed now he's training, when he was playing he was Messing up way to much, i dont want us to take a step back while were on the right track.

Hutton goes way to deep and I felt he left us open way to easy to counters, got caught off guard way to much and couldn't get back fast enough to make up for his mistakes.

• Like 1

Yes I think he's awful as well, along with a few other players.

The summer is nearly here anyway, so we will see the back of a few or more players so that Smith can build his squad, hopefully the start of a premier squad.

We have many out of contract and there's not many I would keep for a few reasons. I would want to bring wages down, then age, bring in fresher legs, replace those awful players despite some heating back up for abit, most of all build the team that Smith really wants.

I don't think we have many player who will hack the premier, a brand new squad around Mcginn and Grealish is needed with the hope of keeping Mings, Tuanzebe and Tammy  Those five players are a must keep if possible upon entering the premier, the rest I would let go, sell or loan out and replace no matter what.

Edited by Dave-R

I think he has been a model pro for us.

He is vulnerable in his play for me, and finds himself out of position too often, which creates danger for us....he is suseptible to the through ball and players getting behind him.

However, he does show drive and intensity, so i guess that is the trade off.

I think at his age we need to move on, however has far as i know he too a pay drop to stay with us....shows the measure of the man.

but sentiment aside, i think we as a football club have to move on.

• Like 2

On 13/03/2019 at 09:15, HeyAnty said:

Well based on your logic its not a conspiracy as Jack has only been back for 180mins.

Also if you want to apply more logic he was taken off at 71 mins in Derby game and 83 at weekend so that reduces it by another 36mins not counting injury time in the two games.  So in theory 144mins.

Albert Enstein eat your heart out.😀

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think at his age we need to move on, however has far as i know he too a pay drop to stay with us....shows the measure of the man.

His salary at the end of that deal was £0.00 a week. He took no drop in pay.

• Like 2

The last thing we need right now is the reintroduction of Alan Hutton and his particular brand of devil may care attitude to defending and positioning.

Guy is utter chaos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

The last thing we need right now is the reintroduction of Alan Hutton and his particular brand of devil may care attitude to defending and positioning.

Guy is utter chaos.

as much as I like the legend of Hutton if you will he would only be a liability for us right now

The back four is as settled as it has been in a long time. I don't think it should be changed unless we absolutely have to (injury or an urgent rest)

And that says a lot coming from someone who think Neil Taylor is an utterly dreadful footballer.

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

How many of the goals we conceded with Hutton in the side were his fault? I remember a couple of very bad f***ups, but I'm not sure he was the chief culprit in most games.

Think people are being a bit unfair on him.

Not sure about the number of goals he was solely at fault for. Sure there a quite a few.

But by so often being out of position he helped stretch our defense creating space for the opponents to exploit.

The guy next to him had to cover huge areas while he was on one of his walkabouts up the pitch and then not following his guy back when his cross hit the first opponent.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

How many of the goals we conceded with Hutton in the side were his fault? I remember a couple of very bad f***ups, but I'm not sure he was the chief culprit in most games.

Think people are being a bit unfair on him.

That’s because a lot of the goals we concede are not directly his fault.  

For example I think it was against Hull where he let his man run behind him and and get a cross in which led to the goal. All the blame went on Taylor for losing the player that scored but if Hutton had done his job properly then the cross would never happens.

Elmo tends to do the basics of following your runner a lot better.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Never thought he'd prise open my cold heart long enough to win me over but he did a bit. I suppose THAT goal means he'll always be remembered with some fondness.

Always thought it was crazy to extend his contract though and I'll be glad when he leaves.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure about the number of goals he was solely at fault for. Sure there a quite a few.

But by so often being out of position he helped stretch our defense creating space for the opponents to exploit.

The guy next to him had to cover huge areas while he was on one of his walkabouts up the pitch and then not following his guy back when his cross hit the first opponent.

Just read this after I posted. We more or less said the same I think. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Elmo tends to do the basics of following your runner a lot better.

Couldn't disagree more. Elmo is so shit at man marking it's unreal. Horrid defender. Hutton is a lot better, he just has flaws in terms of charging recklessly out of position creating imbalanced. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â