Alan Hutton

Rich_D

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Bertrand was left back and he is better than Cuellar and Reo Coker 

Luke Young also few places too high and Habib Beye sadly missing 😉

Haha shit you're right.

To be fair to Luke Young, he was absolutely solid. Even played most of the season at left back and was still great.

11 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Just had a bit of an idea - if you had to list all the right backs we've had in the last 20 years, where would Hutton rank on your list?

For me he'd actually be near the bottom.

1. Mark Delaney
2. Luke Young
3. Kyle Walker
4. Matt Lowton
5. Olof Mellberg
6.Ryan Bertrand
7. Carlos Cuellar
8. NRC
9. Alan Hutton
10. De La Cruz
11. Didier Agathe

Would rank him 11th for his inability to defend.

5 hours ago, Risso said:

Oh come off it.  Not a great right back perhaps, but his attitude has been first class.  A comparison to Agnonlahor is ridiculous, they're at the opposite ends of the scale.

I meant complacency of the management....we could have got better years ago.

Yes I agree, his attitude cannot be compared.....but I was talking in the context of the clubs complacency, not the players.

13 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Just had a bit of an idea - if you had to list all the right backs we've had in the last 20 years, where would Hutton rank on your list?

1. Mark Delaney
2. Luke Young
3. Kyle Walker
4. Matt Lowton
5. Olof Mellberg
6.Ryan Bertrand
7. Carlos Cuellar
8. NRC
9. Alan Hutton
10. De La Cruz
11. Didier Agathe

Nigel a right back.....?

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, an I am a Hutton fan. He has a lot of the ball, but he destroys any creativity with his poor crosses. Dare I say without him today we looked so much better.

Fully agree. Tammy wouldn't have scored yesterday if Hutton had played.

Hutton would have ran that instead of passing, taking him out of position as well.

15 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

1. Mark Delaney
2. Luke Young
3. Kyle Walker
4. Matt Lowton
5. Olof Mellberg
6.Ryan Bertrand
7. Carlos Cuellar
8. NRC
9. Alan Hutton
10. De La Cruz
11. Didier Agathe

It's a weird comparison though. Are you talking pure ability or relative to the division we're in? Are we talking an average or peak ability? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, an I am a Hutton fan. He has a lot of the ball, but he destroys any creativity with his poor crosses. Dare I say without him today we looked so much better.

I thought the opposition had much less licence out on the wings without Hutton and Taylor. 

Both of them seen to constantly get sucked inside leaving acres of space for oppo wide players to exploit. 

To me it was very noticeable that Derby did not have that space although Derby were of course dreadful so it may have been more to do with their failings than our good defensive play. 

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a weird comparison though. Are you talking pure ability or relative to the division we're in? Are we talking an average or peak ability? 

Probably ability. Baring in mind Hutton has played for us in the Premiership and in the Championship, while the others were all in the Prem.

4 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Probably ability. Baring in mind Hutton has played for us in the Premiership and in the Championship, while the others were all in the Prem.

Then again you are now comparing him when he's a championship player, while he is 54 years old. 

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He deserves a contract extension for 1 more year imo.

Even at 35 he would be a great backup to have as cover in either FB position in this league.

I'm not so sure.

I think it's time to thank Alan for his service and for us all to move on. 

Perfect end for him this year, that goal against the Blues will live on forever.

• Like 1

Â