Alan Hutton

Rich_D

9 hours ago, KHV said:

I'm not so sure.

I think it's time to thank Alan for his service and for us all to move on. 

Perfect end for him this year, that goal against the Blues will live on forever.

I agree he is no longer a 90 minute player but he gives his everything for this club.

If you gave Aldo a 15k contract extension tomorrow as a backup player he would snap your hands off.

I hope he doesn't leave.

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree he is no longer a 90 minute player but he gives his everything for this club.

If you gave Aldo a 15k contract extension tomorrow as a backup player he would snap your hands off.

I hope he doesn't leave.

Why? 

Guilbert is coming in and he's going to be a brilliant player for us. Mark my words. 

The other spot can be given to Bree, and we may even have Elmo still with us next season if he isn't moved on. No point keeping Hutton to be battling for 3/4th place, rather his 15/20k go towards another player. Maybe it's time Hutton to drop down a level.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Why? 

Guilbert is coming in and he's going to be a brilliant player for us. Mark my words. 

The other spot can be given to Bree, and we may even have Elmo still with us next season if he isn't moved on. No point keeping Hutton to be battling for 3/4th place, rather his 15/20k go towards another player. Maybe it's time Hutton to drop down a level.

Why?

Because he still has something to offer us and he would be extremely useful as a backup option as cover.

I am not disputing Guilbert's ability etc. and I agree him and a new LB will be first choice.

I think Elmo will be gone come June and I am not sure I rate Bree but time will tell.

Fwiw I think Huttons versatility to play at RB or LB would also be a thing to consider.

I think someone with all his experience etc. and how long he has been with us is quickly forgotten by some.

How many other players took a pay cut just to be able to stay here cause they love the club? 

So Aldo as a back up option wins it marginly ahead of Bree. - or even keep Bree as the RB backup option to Guilbert and Hutton as backup LB to the new arrival whilst selling Taylor.

Would be good to see him awarded a 9th season with us.

4 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

He is a year older and is only going to get worse. We're moving on from players like good ol' Alan. 

What's this myth he took a pay cut? He didn't. I don't know why people keep believing this. His contract was running out in the summer so he was offered a new one year deal - so signed a deal with less wages offered by Villa (rightly). How the hell did he take a pay cut if his contract expired ffs? 

You answer your own question.

It would be looked at hypothetically if you like. Rather than offer new one on same terms he was offered new one with less wages.

Whatever way you dress it up it's still a pay cut in essence.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

He is a year older and is only going to get worse. We're moving on from players like good ol' Alan. 

What's this myth he took a pay cut? He didn't. I don't know why people keep believing this. His contract was running out in the summer so he was offered a new one year deal - so signed a deal with less wages offered by Villa (rightly). How the hell did he take a pay cut if his contract expired ffs? 

And there is no way another club would have offered him whatever ridiculous wages he was on here.

Same with him or any other player who had a relegation wage drop clause. It wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts to took the wage drop, it was in their contract.

And considering the performances compared to wages our players put out there was hardly a queue of clubs lining up to take their contracts, as we've sadly seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

And there is no way another club would have offered him whatever ridiculous wages he was on here.

Same with him or any other player who had a relegation wage drop clause. It wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts to took the wage drop, it was in their contract.

And considering the performances compared to wages our players put out there was hardly a queue of clubs lining up to take their contracts, as we've sadly seen.

The wage cut were referring to is the one he signed last season. He put in good displays last season which he was offered a new one this season with less wages.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You answer your own question.

It would be looked at hypothetically if you like. Rather than offer new one on same terms he was offered new one with less wages.

Whatever way you dress it up it's still a pay cut in essence.

Him taking a pay-cut on a current contract and him accepting a new one year contract on less wages are completely different things.

In the first instance you make it sound like he went to villa and asked for reduces wages to help the club - he didn't 

The club offered him a new one year deal to reflect what they think he should be earning. 

It's equivlent to this;

Pay Cut = Your boss comes to and says, AVFCRigo82, I'm sorry I know you're earning 30k a year contract but could you please a reduction to your salary to 28k a year. Is that OK? 

Accepting reduced wages = Your boss tells you: "AVFCRigo82, I know your contract is finishing in a few months, you've been on 30K a year for this contract, but I'm going to offer you a new one year contract on 28k. It's up to you if you want to accept it."

8 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Him taking a pay-cut on a current contract and him accepting a new one year contract on less wages are completely different things.

In the first instance you make it sound like he went to villa and asked for reduces wages to help the club - he didn't 

The club offered him a new one year deal to reflect what they think he should be earning. 

It's equivlent to this;

Pay Cut = Your boss comes to and says, AVFCRigo82, I'm sorry I know you're earning 30k a year contract but could you please a reduction to your salary to 28k a year. Is that OK? 

Accepting reduced wages = Your boss tells you: "AVFCRigo82, I know your contract is finishing in a few months, you've been on 30K a year for this contract, but I'm going to offer you a new one year contract on 28k. It's up to you if you want to accept it."

Either way. He is still earning less wages than he was but he accepted it as he equally loves the club.

So even if he was on say 35k and was offered a new one year one at 15k he could have still said no and gone elsewhere for more.

But he equally accepted that's all the club wanted to offer him and still signed, wether to coincide with FFP at the time, but I still think if that was not the issue he would still take a pay cut/reduction to stay anyway.

So either way he has taken a reduction in wages for a combination of reasons.

If he still want's to play after this season I hope he goes back to Rangers, if the can afford him.

He'd probably be able to do a job there still and he was actually pretty decent when he played there back in the day.

Honestly, if he offered to play for free I wouldn't want him here next season.

That is not me being a word removed, he still has something to offer to the game at some level, but it is time to move the **** on for the club and the player.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Either way. He is still earning less wages than he was but he accepted it as he equally loves the club.

So even if he was on say 35k and was offered a new one year one at 15k he could have still said no and gone elsewhere for more.

But he equally accepted that's all the club wanted to offer him and still signed, wether to coincide with FFP at the time, but I still think if that was not the issue he would still take a pay cut/reduction to stay anyway.

And I think he took the best, possibly the only, offer on the table.

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The only team in for him were Forrest - who offered him low wages. No one else was in for him at that time. Of course he would stay, he's a cult hero here and he does have a connection with the fans and the club - hes a cult hero now. But ultimately his time is up here. 

Especially in the full back position - Guilbert and a new left back is going to be pivotal in the way we're going to play next season. Hutton isn't able to play at that intensity. 

6 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

The only team in for him were Forrest - who offered him low wages. No one else was in for him at that time. Of course he would stay, he's a cult hero here and he does have a connection with the fans and the club - hes a cult hero now. But ultimately his time is up here. 

Especially in the full back position - Guilbert and a new left back is going to be pivotal in the way we're going to play next season. Hutton isn't able to play at that intensity. 

I agree. Hence why Hutton would be a back up player and wouldn't barely feature most of the season unless the cup games or injuries/suspensions etc. So no real intensity would be a question in this case.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree. Hence why Hutton would be a back up player and wouldn't barely feature most of the season unless the cup games or injuries/suspensions etc. So no real intensity would be a question in this case.

Think your heart is ruling over your head here. 

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

You don't remember the game he had Ronaldo in his pocket?

I do vaguely....but he wasn't widely known as one.

Â