Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I feel for Andi. Granted he hasn't had a great season but you tend to forget how young these guys are. He hit a rough patch and his manager kept him in the firing line. His form didn't prove and he lost confidence. I think he's burnt out. Off season will do him good. I am prepared to see how he goes next season. He built a great understanding with Benteke last year and all our attackers have had worse off seasons. A break.. new manager and lets see if Wiemann of last season returns.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

It just seems he got lazier this season. Last season he was doing well solely off work ethic. Weimann was constantly making runs all around the pitch and occasionally one of those runs would succeed. He was a spark, but this season he looks lazy. Him and Agbonlahor have not been causing any defenses trouble with their speed. 

• Like 1

It just seems he got lazier this season. Last season he was doing well solely off work ethic. Weimann was constantly making runs all around the pitch and occasionally one of those runs would succeed. He was a spark, but this season he looks lazy. Him and Agbonlahor have not been causing any defenses trouble with their speed. 

He certainly put the effort in on saturday, the difference last season being that Benteke was occupying the central defenders so Andi could ghost into goal scoring positions. This season he's making the runs but the ball isn't sticking up front.

I don't think he's fully fit either.

I feel for Andi. Granted he hasn't had a great season but you tend to forget how young these guys are. He hit a rough patch and his manager kept him in the firing line. His form didn't prove and he lost confidence. I think he's burnt out. Off season will do him good. I am prepared to see how he goes next season. He built a great understanding with Benteke last year and all our attackers have had worse off seasons. A break.. new manager and lets see if Wiemann of last season returns.

Don't feel sorry for him, he got a nice payrise and spent the summer sitting back and eating donuts and cake by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Strange how much he's regressed this season. He's never really strung together 2 games where he's played well at all. In fact, most games he's almost invisible. If we get some sugar daddy owner, Weimann is outta here, IMO.

I think this year he is feeling the pressure and has totally lost it a similar way that Albrighton did in his second season. Even in the second half of his first season with Albrighton.

I dont think it is beyond the realms of possiblity that he can recover his form, think he would benefit from being a squad player and having to force his way back in the team. Pretty sure he knows he has been crap this season yet he plays every game, you can see his confidence has drained away.

Rumours floating around that Weimann was seen out on the town Saturday night very drunk and didn't look in at least bothered that we had lost 4-1

What do you want him to do sit in the bathtub at home and slit his wrists? The day after a game is probably the only time off he gets so you can't blame him for going out for a pint and forgetting about football for a few hours.

• Like 1

The pressure has been on him this season. He really shouldn't have played so many games but there's been no options. I'm sure he will get his form of last season back again. We have to stick with our young players..    

Â