Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Said it before but Darren Bent rated him as a finisher so Lambert making him doing all the dog work doesn't work for him. But with gabs benteke kozak bowery helenius and holt its pretty hard to start up top.

Hopefully next season he gets more of a role there. Along side benteke or kozak

Played very well yesterday and thought his celebrations were fine.

Overall he's been poor this season but perhaps this can be put down to being played out of position.

He's one it would probably be worth keeping but if he gets more playing time in his preferred central position next season and we have the same inconsistency as this season then IMO we need to move him on.

I hope he makes it though as he has come through the Villa youth ranks.

His celebration was probably just a flash of the moment thing out of emotion. If you were to ask him I'm sure he would admit that he hasn't been great this season and I'm sure he'd understand the fans frustrations.

Exactly.

**** me, he'd just scored a goal in the premier league. The wrong time to cast judgement because anyone who has played football at any level, even if it's just down the park with your mates, knows there's absolutely nothing like scoring a goal. For a split second, like when you blow your load, your head is all over the place. Imagine doing that at the very highest level there is.

Give the lad a break and credit for a fine performance.

• Like 4

Looked much better as a striker than stuck out wide.

Got his 'attitude' out of his system for the the second goal too.  Nothing wrong with a bit of self-confidence in a striker too.

Exactly. Confidence is fine. Not to mention the abuse people around me have hurled at him, good for him for giving a bit of stick back.

• Like 2

Whoscored.com has Weimann's positional breakdown as this:

Playing down the middle (CM/AM/ST) 8 games, 4 goals, 1 assist.

Playing down the right (RM/RW/RF) 14 games, 1 goal, 2 assists.

Paying down the left (LM/LW/LF) 7 games, 0 goals, 0 assists

with 6 sub appearances.

So we really need him to be playing down the middle more if this is really reflective of his strengths.

• Like 2

Got his 'attitude' out of his system for the the second goal too.  Nothing wrong with a bit of self-confidence in a striker too.

Exactly. Confidence is fine. Not to mention the abuse people around me have hurled at him, good for him for giving a bit of stick back.

This is something I've never gotten with football fans. They'll spend their time hurling abuse at people for 90 mins, a lot of the time over the top and vulgar, yet anyone does anything back, no matter how minor, they have a fit and can't handle it.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 4

This is something I've never gotten with football fans. They'll spend their time hurling abuse at people for 90 mins, a lot of the time over the top and vulgar, yet anyone does anything back, no matter how minor, they have a fit and can't handle it.

To be fair i'd take all the verbal abuse in the world if it meant earning the kind of money these guys earn on a weekly basis lol.

To be fair i'd take all the verbal abuse in the world if it meant earning the kind of money these guys earn on a weekly basis lol.

Oh, no doubt, it's probably partly why they get paid so much, they're professionals who can deal with it. I just don't understand why fans can dish out pathetic and disgusting abuse, but can't handle someone doing a slightly arrogant celebration or winding them up a bit.

Top 20 tackling forwards in the Premier League

Yoan Gouffran - 56 (30/4) 

Marouane Chamakh - 49 (25/5)

Jay Rodriguez - 47 (30/3) Sir Tackle-Goals 

Marko Arnautovic - 45 (26/3) 

Morgan Amalfitano - 38 (25/2)

Johan Elmander - 38 (15/13)

André Schürrle - 37 (15/14)

Fraizer Campbell - 32 (31/5)

David Silva - 31 (24 / 1)

Olivier Giroud - 30 (35)

Wayne Rooney - 29 (27/2)

Ashkan Dejagah - 26 (13/8)

Gabriel Agbonlahor - 26 (28/1)

Andreas Weimann - 26 (29/6)

Fabio Borini - 25 (23/7)

Steven Naismith - 25 (12/18)

Craig Bellamy - 23 (12/9)

Emmanuel Adebayor - 22 (19/1)

Stéphane Sessegnon - 22 (21/3)

Kevin Mirallas - 22  (28/4)

Oh, no doubt, it's probably partly why they get paid so much, they're professionals who can deal with it. I just don't understand why fans can dish out pathetic and disgusting abuse, but can't handle someone doing a slightly arrogant celebration or winding them up a bit.

The only gripe i had with the celebration is that he would be entitled to do it if he'd been more successful this season. How many goals has he actually scored? Had it been 12-15+ his 'arrogance' could be understood. I'm just happy his goals on Saturday kept us up. MUST DO BETTER next season though.

Whoscored.com has Weimann's positional breakdown as this:

Playing down the middle (CM/AM/ST) 8 games, 4 goals, 1 assist.

Playing down the right (RM/RW/RF) 14 games, 1 goal, 2 assists.

Paying down the left (LM/LW/LF) 7 games, 0 goals, 0 assists

with 6 sub appearances.

So we really need him to be playing down the middle more if this is really reflective of his strengths.

That's interesting isn't it? In his favourite position he gets 1 every 2 games. He really did work hard when he played centrally, finding space down the sides of their centre backs well on both sides, had bowery played him in when he shot at the near post on that break he could have had a hat-trick. It's hard to pick him there instead of Benteke though! Might be best to play him off Benteke, just behind him.

Â