Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Doesn't lift his head up and has wasted many an opportunity this season and last to play someone in when in front of goal. Regardless of how hard he works he hasn't got the football brain for me

I like him. I hope we stick with him. I am confident he will improve. And how can anyone think he is lazy, that is an accusation that cannot be levelled against him.

Actually I would say this season he hasn't put half as much effort in a last yr

The truth is if our 'attacking threat' in a post Benteke world is built around Weimann and Gabby we have a serious problem. On paper I rate them both. The reality is neither has delivered this season and you wonder if they ever will. Too bigger contracts and too little commitment IMO.

• Like 1

The truth is if our 'attacking threat' in a post Benteke world is built around Weimann and Gabby we have a serious problem. On paper I rate them both. The reality is neither has delivered this season and you wonder if they ever will. Too bigger contracts and too little commitment IMO.

trouble is Harry....football was never played on paper.

They are both followers not leaders....frauds imo, for the money they get.

Edited by TRO

That's fair comment TRO. I do have sympathy for Weimann and I think he will come good despite my reticence above. I have a much bigger issue with Gabby who, as you say, is no leader but is happy to deliver substandard performances for £60k per week.

I think you're right TRO in that they're both followers not leaders.

Frauds I don't agree, whatever you mean by that, something negative anyway...

I think you're right TRO in that they're both followers not leaders.

Frauds I don't agree, whatever you mean by that, something negative anyway...

ok was a bit harsh....but their play makes me feel negative. .....meet fire with fire.

Edited by TRO

Looked poor towards the tail end of last season if the truth be known - we just have to hope the law of averages kicks in and he has a good game Saturday. But looks a very sub standard player to me.

• Like 1

Whilst him and gabby have been poor our style doesn't work well with them. They are hardly going to be competitive with hoof balls and crosses all day long.

Start getting the defence and midfield to play football on the ground more and you would see a better return from Weimann and gabby.

Putting Weimann in the same arguement with Gabby is injustice !

Gabby is a match winner on his day .. Weimann could be useful on his day ..

Atleast we know that Gabby is good with spaces .. Against Top teams or Away games , While Weimann is not that fast nor have skills , Even his finishing is getting bad with a horrible decision making ! 

• Like 1

Whilst him and gabby have been poor our style doesn't work well with them. They are hardly going to be competitive with hoof balls and crosses all day long.

Start getting the defence and midfield to play football on the ground more and you would see a better return from Weimann and gabby.

Totally agree, back end of last season we played them as wide strikers, who made runs inside and threatened. They were played in down the channels a lot more and our attack looked really really good. Boded well for this year, al that's evaporated for a number of reasons, but just calling them shit isn't really the truth or an explanation of what's happened since then.

Â