Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Keep him in the middle. Work rate out wide is great and everything, but his ability to zip into the mix and find space is mitigated on the flank.He looked so much more natural playing centrally.

• Like 1

Hands to the ears doesn't necessarily mean "Oi doubters, I told you I was good!", it could also mean "Let's hear your support, we're winning and we want you to push us over it for 90 minutes!"

• Like 1

I don't care how a striker celebrates !!! He could crap himself and smear it on his face, (ok, I admit, I may be over the top with that example). Have you seen some of the goofy, pointless things people do? Strutting around like you own the field is mild. In fact, I think that attitude would help our performances. Wish we'd seen more of that attitude all year,

When that's your criticism of him, small wonder he's MOTM.

You're mad because you thought he was trying to stick it in the face of critics (including you). If anything, that's what we need more of - from him and from every other member of the team. I wish they would all play more pissed at their critics.

• Like 2

Can everyone please stop being so negative. Weimann has scores 2 goals that have guaranteed top tier at Villa Park. After the defeat at home to Fulham it looked there wouldn't be. So what if Weimann put his hands to his ears, it doesn't matter. He scored and the club is staying up. :P

• Like 3

Slightly petulant celebrations!  Fair play to the lad for being fired up by the stick he has been getting, but it has been justified given how much of the season he spent looking like he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.  Hopefully he can score again before the season is out and get back to where we think he should be next year. 

• Like 3

How many games has he played as an actual striker this season? Can't be many. The two I can think of (yesterday and Albion at home), he's scored 3. The answer to why he's struggled has been kinda obvious really.

A good striker has attitude, a great one is cocky. That's why they succeed in big games.

Attitude and a little bit of arrogance is not bad for this team. We're too nice and low key.

Andi is 22 and on his way, good for him.

Can everyone please stop being so negative. Weimann has scores 2 goals that have guaranteed top tier at Villa Park. After the defeat at home to Fulham it looked there wouldn't be. So what if Weimann put his hands to his ears, it doesn't matter. He scored and the club is staying up. :P

Only at VT.

• Like 1

Out wide he is useless, good work rate or not. If this is Lambert's (I still want Lambert gone) plan for AW then he may as well sell him because he just can't play this way.

Play him as a forward as he did yesterday and we have a decent player who will get better on our hands.

Really pleased that he scored 2 good goals yesterday just to remind all Villans that he is a good player when he plays in the right position.

• Like 1

Weimann has always done the hand to ear thing hasn't he? Wouldn't read too much into it.

Well that was for his second goal.

For his first goal, he was about to celebrate. Then completely stopped, dead on his feet(Like players scoring for clubs they've grown up in and played for, for 10 years) Started pointing at his chest, with a body language saying something like: "what you say now bitches!!". Then he did the ear thing.

For the second goal he did the hands to ear, machine gun arms thingy.

Did himself no favour at all with that first celebration. Firstly it was a lucky goal, secondly he's been abysmal all season. Speaks of a real cocky attitude, which is fine if you've been the top scorer at the club, had a short dry spell then got criticized. But not after such a poor season he's had. 

Played very well yesterday, so credit where credit is due. But the the first celebration is not something he should have done imo.

Imo Weimann's best attribute is instinctive finishing in the 6 yard box whenever i see him score he has been in the penalty area poking the ball home with power or praying on a shit clearance from the opposition

He will never get bags of goals the way we have him playing at the minute he just seems to run around a lot in the wide areas

Yesterday proved this comment about right.

Play him central and he'll poach goals.

If I scored 2 goals and I'd received the abuse that he gets from his own fans, I'd probably have a pop as well. Although for what it's worth, I don't think he WAS having a pop.

• Like 2

His celebration was probably just a flash of the moment thing out of emotion. If you were to ask him I'm sure he would admit that he hasn't been great this season and I'm sure he'd understand the fans frustrations.

I'm not really bothered what his celebrations meant, he scored 2 good goals.

He is a bit of a johnny on the spot goalscorer, and i don't think it was any coincidence that he looked better alongside Bowery than he did Gabby.Bowery does more running and movement is better.Bowery is an average player, but i think Weimann could become a good goalscorer. 

Â