Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I agree KSV, £80k per week is probably what he should be on at this stage of his career especially with him just breaking into the England squad. With Delph as well, I feel that he won't be someone who gets a big pay packet and then stagnates, I get the feeling that he has that hunger and desire to just keep improving. Sadly, I don't think we are a club that dishes out those kind of contracts anymore, I would guess we are probably looking at no more than £60k per week being offered. I hope I am wrong though, as I have always rated Delph and was hopeful he would still come good even when he was struggling after his injuries.

I would of thought that we will offset a percentage of the departing Darren Bents wages to cover any increase. Even Chris Herd and Ender Stevens wages should cover it.

Failing that this lot will be free agents end of next season...

Shay Given, Charles N’Zogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Antonio Luna, Leandro Bacuna, Nicklas Helenius, Andi Weimann, Matt Lowton, Yacouba Sylla.

Edited by Kingman

I am a great believer in incentive based salaries.

Make them work for their fat cheques.

I believe incentive based salaries are not popular - I wonder why?

I should say I do not think that applies to Delph - he will always give 100%.

I completely agree...

...sadly the modern day footballer does not...

Interesting that when Gabby pulled out just before kick off that Westwood was named captain and not Delph. I am sure last season when Ron and Gabby were out that Delph was next in line. I wonder if it has anything to do with him not having yet signed a new deal as he seems ideal captain material to me.

As for his performance tonight I thought he again did well especially when he really drove forward and went through the gears on a number of occasions. He did one or two unneeded fancy flicks that didn't come off that put city in on a couple of occasions though.

Edited by markavfc40

Â