Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

The whole tapping up while in the England squad is over hyped anyway. Not saying it doesn't happen at all but the players we've lost after getting in the England squad have attracted other clubs interest because they have been performing enough over a period of time at Villa to get in the squad in he first place. Having someone say 'oh go on come join us you'll look great in a red shirt' is not the reason they leave.

As said above, while Delph may or may not be good enough to be first choice for the top teams, I think every single one of them would take him on a free for the squad. This however could be very detrimental to Delphs career if he doesn't get game time. He's obviously going to be confident in his own ability to play at that level but it's something he really needs to consider.

• Like 1

He's gunna leave isn't he :(

I actually don't think he's that great of a player, but he's certainly better than what we have currently. Not top 4 material by any stretch imo. Does a few nice things like when he dribbles past a few players but his final ball is really lacking. 

Its the same in any trade no matter what you do,

Soon as young lads who are worth there salt start rubbing shoulders with the big hitters they love the big time stories of more commission, bigger day rate, fast cars, sex, drugs and VIP Guest lists.

In Delphs case it will be in the lines of of wembley, champions league excursions and double your money weekly because you can and have worked your balls off to deserve so. 

A no brainer for probably 95% of the worlds population, The Footballing trade is no different and why should they be.

Edited by Kingman

As itv said before, delph has improved but he is still not good for a top four chasing side in my opinion. He is our best midfielder by a country mile and yes we need him. But do the big sides?

I've always thought that he is too lacking in his technical ability to play for a top-four side also. However one suggestion that I thought is viable is that Arsenal might sign him to play as a defensive-midfielder. He has improved on his short passing game over the last year and therefore if his job was to simply press/dispossess opponents and then redistribute to the likes of Wilshere and Ramsay, then I believe he could do that role competently.

As itv said before, delph has improved but he is still not good for a top four chasing side in my opinion. He is our best midfielder by a country mile and yes we need him. But do the big sides?

I agree with the big clubs and top 4, But what about the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc  ;)

Edited by Kingman

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.How many Arsenal players in this squad to Liverpool players?

And to tip Mantis over the edge.....anyone think Liverpool might be in for him at the end of the season? Gerrard will be 35 in May and if Delph and Henderson are going to start becoming a regular duo for England it wouldn't shock me if Rodgers takes note of this, opens an envelope and comes up with Delph's name.

On a free he's going to be a very attractive target for many clubs. Why spend 10m on overrated players like Rodwell when Delph will be on a free at a comparable wage.

Why would that tip me over the edge?

And to tip Mantis over the edge.....anyone think Liverpool might be in for him at the end of the season? Gerrard will be 35 in May and if Delph and Henderson are going to start becoming a regular duo for England it wouldn't shock me if Rodgers takes note of this, opens an envelope and comes up with Delph's name.

On a free he's going to be a very attractive target for many clubs. Why spend 10m on overrated players like Rodwell when Delph will be on a free at a comparable wage.

Liverpool aren't exactly your second team are they? Plus you could continue this weird opinion you have that Hodgson loves Liverpool despite the Kop despising him and him only lasting 6 months there which was the low point of his managerial career.

You will never stop the ever moving revolving door, but the challenge is and will always be....getting better quality in than whats going out.

....and unfortunately that has not aways been the case.

Edited by TRO

sad as we have invested so much money.. paid him well through his injuries and gave him his shot. Has one good season and hes off? Hes owes us a few years more then we can sell him for a profit and he can go to a big club. He has plenty of time.

Liverpool aren't exactly your second team are they? Plus you could continue this weird opinion you have that Hodgson loves Liverpool despite the Kop despising him and him only lasting 6 months there which was the low point of his managerial career.

I don't like Liverpool no but then who does on here? Seems to weird to single me out when I don't express anymore hate for them than most.

No, I don't think Hodgson loves Liverpool I think he just loves picking Liverpool players.

Think a lot of clubs will be interested if he goes on a free - will be a massive loss if we loose him - especially for zero fee

No bodies fault but our own, himself and RV should have got deals at the very end of last season at the very latest. Both have since enhanced their reputations on the international stage and have become noticed by the masses. We deserve to lose them for free. 

Think a lot of clubs will be interested if he goes on a free - will be a massive loss if we loose him - especially for zero fee

No bodies fault but our own, himself and RV should have got deals at the very end of last season at the very latest. Both have since enhanced their reputations on the international stage and have become noticed by the masses. We deserve to lose them for free.

Agreed, now we're going to lose RV to another forum...

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Funny thing is I remember around last Christmas/January window time, Lambert said he was trying to get new deals wrapped up. Then it went quiet for a few weeks, then we got the statement from Lerner and then we didn't hear anything again until after Faulkner had left. Lerner and Faulkner seriously **** up on this.

• Like 2

Â