Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

What well run clubs would do is convince him to sign a deal, with a few escape clauses so we don't walk away with nothing.

Well maybe he will sign for a well run club next summer?

And I thought that Trent made the bold statement that perhaps some of the bigger stars hadn't signed up because Lambo only had one year left on his contract and they didn't like the uncertainity? Well that went well didn't it?

Lerner really is a knob thinking that sorting this out would be someone elses problem!

I would be annoyed if he left now for no fee, Lerner's fault of course, not his, after having been supported by the Club through his problem years, but I do not believe it would be that difficult to replace him. He has great energy, but very little end product.

If we had signed him up on a new contract at the start of the season, with his new found fame, we would have had the money from his sale for a decent replacement.

I guess just because the contract talks seem to have been going on for a while now. Someone mentioned in the thread that contract talks were mentioned in articles a while back. Obviously I imagine such discussions are prolonged but it's got me slightly worried. Really hope he stays. 

Think a lot of clubs will be interested if he goes on a free - will be a massive loss if we loose him - especially for zero fee

No bodies fault but our own, himself and RV should have got deals at the very end of last season at the very latest. Both have since enhanced their reputations on the international stage and have become noticed by the masses. We deserve to lose them for free.
Agreed, now we're going to lose RV to another forum...
Loose*
  • Like 1

Think a lot of clubs will be interested if he goes on a free - will be a massive loss if we loose him - especially for zero fee

No bodies fault but our own, himself and RV should have got deals at the very end of last season at the very latest. Both have since enhanced their reputations on the international stage and have become noticed by the masses. We deserve to lose them for free.
Agreed, now we're going to lose RV to another forum...
Loose*

Women?

• Like 1

I'm really not sure if he can do too much better than us particularly if he wants to play regularly.

Fair enough top 4 clubs might want him on the bench. And a number contract will probably tempt him.

But if he wants to be a regular I'd suggest we are as good as it gets. Maybe Everton.

I'm not too worried about it personally. He's a good player for us and id be a little annoyed if he went for free but like someone mentioned earlier definitely replaceable.

• Like 3

Why are guys talking like he's already left/decided not to renew?

There's only 6 months to go now, it looks unlikely. How many key players in a team generally sign new long term deals with only months left on their deal, not many.

I'm really not sure if he can do too much better than us particularly if he wants to play regularly.

Fair enough top 4 clubs might want him on the bench. And a number contract will probably tempt him.

But if he wants to be a regular I'd suggest we are as good as it gets. Maybe Everton.

I'm not too worried about it personally. He's a good player for us and id be a little annoyed if he went for free but like someone mentioned earlier definitely replaceable.

Liverpool surely.

I think he will stay and we will say to him what we said to Benteke. Stay another year or two and if we havent progressed we will sell you and we can make some money. You can develop here. Guaranteed game time until you become an England regular. 

I for one really hope it's true, though I'm absolutely sure I'm not alone there lol.

We have a good nucleus and I want us to build on that, would be nice to see the outgoing flow stemmed - once a few key players re-sign it can lead to other players wanting to stay as well.

Â