Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

This season he has played 30 minutes in the Community Shield a month ago, 12 in the Premier League in mid-August, and 29, for England, against Norway last week.

:D Oh James, I hope those Premier League medals and your bulging bank balance are worth your lack of minutes for club and country.

Fabian, don't end up like this waster! Sign a new contract and enjoy playing some football! (... without the league titles... or extra millions)

If Delph is serious about his football and his international career then he should stay. Being at a top team doesn't make you a top footballer, playing every week makes you a top footballer. Even if Citeh, Arsenal, Chelsea etc can offer him 80k a week and we can only offer him 40k, what can he really buy with 80k that he can't afford with 40k?
A bigger boat you moron.

:lol:

Ah yes, of course. You know what they say about guys with big boats...

Personally, I only have a small kayak!

• Like 2

It can't just be me who had noticed how much his passing has improved? Crisp, into the channels, much much better.

Absolutely, watching the game yesterday Delph Westwood and Cleverly had really great quick passes especially the first 25 minutes of the game. The passes weren't always earth shattering but they had pace and purpose other then "get that ball away from me"

I would think three factors are contributing to the sudden improvements- confidence, someone to pass to who can pass back and Roy Keane.

I'm hoping the Delph Westwood cleverly midfield trio will just keep pushing each other to play better and better. All are young, have technical skill and want in the England team.

• Like 2

A move is inevitable because he is still improving. He might soon be better than Flamini at Arsenal or the equal of Fernandez at Man City. Not yet there but he does seem to be getting better. Eventually we will not be able to afford to pay him what he is worth. 

Enjoy the fact he broke into the England team in a Villa shirt. 

By the time we sell let's hope Gary Gardner will have recaptured his form after his injuries and be able to take his place in the first team.

A move is inevitable because he is still improving. He might soon be better than Flamini at Arsenal or the equal of Fernandez at Man City. Not yet there but he does seem to be getting better. Eventually we will not be able to afford to pay him what he is worth. 

By the time we sell let's hope Gary Gardner will have recaptured his form after his injuries and be able to take his place in the first team.

If as you say a move is inevitable, we won't be selling him, he will be leaving at the end of the season on a free transfer.

• Like 1

If as you say a move is inevitable, we won't be selling him, he will be leaving at the end of the season on a free transfer.

I think he will sign a new contract but we will sell him in the summer or even in the January transfer window. He's not good enough right now for the top teams and given his injury record he's not going to chance it to the end of the season.

Edited by Con

I think he will sign a new contract but we will sell him in the summer or even in the January transfer window. He's not good enough right now for the top teams and given his injury record he's not going to chance it to the end of the season.

Makes no sense for him to sign a new contract and then leave within 12 months, if he leaves on a free transfer he will command a higher wage at a new club due to the lack of transfer fee.

Well Con that is a confusing opinion....

- he will sign a new contract

- we will sell him January

- he is not good enough for top teams

I think he will sign and we will not sell him. He probably wouldn't get the playing time for top teams given the players they already have so I will give you 2 out 3 my friend - which isn't too shabby!!!

Edited by Texas_Mike
  • Like 1

I'm not sure he would get in Citeeeh or Chelsks midfield, and Arse have about 30 midfielders, so Lplop, Spuds, Ure teams?....not sure.

I think he will sign a new contract, and i think he will get better, and possibly be a top 4 player for us.

Not sure his touch is as good as it was when he 1st signed, before he got injured, but hes the best we have, and a likeable player, so hope he remains.

On a side note, with Arse having all the afore mentioned midfielders, wouldn't surprise me if Oxlade-Chamberlain becomes surplus to requirements, could be worth a punt in Jan.

Glad the conversation turned this way again...

Edit - regarding his touch, that's a joke right? His first touch and second to bring it out of his feet are about the best of any player I've seen wearing our shirt in 22 years of following the club.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I can see Liverpool wanting him

Gerrard is not getting any younger i know diff types of players but look at their other midfield options Henderson is a usual starter with Coutinho but the rest Can, Allen, Lucas?

Edited by AshVilla

I think we sometimes underestimate the respect and awe that comes with playing for this great club.That was certianly evident on Sunday.You only had to see the reaction of the players when that whistle blew. Panache might not be our strong point,and anyway its often taken for granted, but what we do appreciate is honest endeavour, and imho i don,t think anyone pesonifies that more than Delph.

Makes no sense for him to sign a new contract and then leave within 12 months, if he leaves on a free transfer he will command a higher wage at a new club due to the lack of transfer fee.

What if he does his ACL - badly - next April how much will he be able to command then if he is out of action for year?

Waiting for the bigger pot of honey would be a temptation but also a pointless risk. The top 4 clubs could afford to double his salary to £100k a week and pay Villa £20 million for his services. 

Are they really going to give him 150k if he signs as a free agent?

He would be better advised to negotiate a new contract with Villa then take the substantial pay rise he will get when he moves to a Champions League club. 

Â