Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

51 minutes ago, Anthony said:

They keep a good pint at the Lifeboat in Thornham.

Wells next the Sea. Another beautiful place.

Lifeboat @ Thornham is a cracking little retreat.

Well's is a lovely little place with it's unique little harbour. We stayed at 'The Anchorage Wells' during our visit that way this summer.

As @Xela mentions, The Ship in Brancaster is also a great little place with some cracking food.

Hope you enjoy it though mate, even if the weather is shite, it's still good to get away down that end of the world and explore the little places that are on offer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dont know if this should go here or things that piss you off. Watching Maid, it's very good. had a couple, but only a couple, needed a wee, so I paused it. Got back and it was buffering. Waited a minute or so then realised. You know sometimes women wear big circular earrings, well the woman on screen was., right in the middle of the screen. Then I noticed I hadn't pressed play I was watching the bloody earrings.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Swaffham is nice, I think from memory Downham Market is over there, of course Wells Next To The Sea is worth going to. Great seal watching area over there. 

My assumption is you won't get as far down to Cromer/Overstrand/Mundesley. 

Swaffham isn't nice in my experience, or at least it wasn't in 1988 when I lived there for a bit. Too many locals were always looking for fights with the RAF people. Bunch of inadequates in my experience.

On 13/10/2021 at 14:56, Stevo985 said:

I got so drunk on Saturday that when i got home I ordered a massive pizza and immediately forgot I'd ordered and went to bed.

It cheered me up because hungover me was very glad of an unexpected pizza the next day!

When I was in Prague 3 years ago, I went out and came back to the Hostel massively pissed. Logged onto my laptop to order a pizza, went to the website and to this day remember not ever paying, clicking order or anything.

Yet my pizza turned up. 4am, an hour into a very heavy slumber. Very odd.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Swaffham isn't nice in my experience, or at least it wasn't in 1988 when I lived there for a bit. Too many locals were always looking for fights with the RAF people. Bunch of inadequates in my experience.

I always remember it for the (in my eyes) pikey market that I was dragged to every Saturday. Of course I look back now and see it as something to be valued. Still there, but no live animals I think. Anyway, it's posh now.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I'm not planning on heading into the town centre wearing my pilots jacket so I think i'll be ok ;)  I'm about 7 miles out from the town and i'll be sitting in the corner supping ale! 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 2

Â