Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Fantastic context for this thread - adds a personal ("real life") touch to the positivity shown in the first post.  Thanks for sharing @BOF.

I wasn't around at the time for paddy's postings (and, in any case, I joined VT for the On Topic (and stayed for the Off Topic)) but what a great thread to have started and to continually remember him by.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Fantastic context for this thread - adds a personal ("real life") touch to the positivity shown in the first post.  Thanks for sharing @BOF.

I wasn't around at the time for paddy's postings (and, in any case, I joined VT for the On Topic (and stayed for the Off Topic)) but what a great thread to have started and to continually remember him by.

I was randomly thinking the same a while back, about how great it is that someone I never met or interacted with in some way lives on and regularly brings a smile to mine and many others faces. 

Hopefully the people who knew him in real life are aware of the 'cheer' he's brought to people and how well he is remembered 10 years later. 

Great post @BOF

Can't believe its been 10 years :( 

As others have said, it is lovely that the memory of people taken far too soon, live on in this forum,  by having a thread named after them. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I was randomly thinking the same a while back, about how great it is that someone I never met or interacted with in some way lives on and regularly brings a smile to mine and many others faces. 

Hopefully the people who knew him in real life are aware of the 'cheer' he's brought to people and how well he is remembered 10 years later. 

We should do it more when people are alive. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Had a lovely couple of days in Norfolk. Will write a bit more tomorrow, but what a lovely part of the world. 

As long as you've come back with no additional fingers or toes and your eyes still both point in the same direction I would consider that a result. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As long as you've come back with no additional fingers or toes and your eyes still both point in the same direction I would consider that a result. 

I'll conduct a digit audit later and let you know... once my eyes straighten out. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

The real pressing question is... Do they realise "Sale of the Century with Nicholas Parsons" is no longer quiz of the week?

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I managed to count a dozen eggs on my fingers. Am I ok?! 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

We got back from Majorca last night. It was an absolutely fantastic 5 days away. Just what we all needed. 

No plans, no trip, just flitting between the pool and the beach and regular trips to the bar.

Pretty much all I ever want to do on holiday in all honesty. 

If I wanted sightseeing I would go to Scotland, The Lakes, Oxford/London Edinburgh and the like. 

Beach holiday is total relax no plans no rush. And it's everything I need to do to get away from the hectic lifestyle.  I HATE being off work and having plans and deadlines, places to be. 

• Like 1

Â