Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I absolutely love beer, but beer festivals don't appeal to me one little bit. 

Normally I’d agree but I went to the Belgrade beer festival the other year and it was fantastic , free entry , beer stands everywhere , 4 live stages of music , stunning Serbian women and not a  crusty CAMRA beard  in sight .. and it went on until 4 am each night 

I guess you could argue against it being a “beer festival”  but every stand was selling different makes of beer from all over the place so it gets a pass from me 

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Normally I’d agree but I went to the Belgrade beer festival the other year and it was fantastic , free entry , beer stands everywhere , 4 live stages of music , stunning Serbian women and not a  crusty CAMRA beard  in sight .. and it went on until 4 am each night 

I guess you could argue against it being a “beer festival”  but every stand was selling different makes of beer from all over the place so it gets a pass from me 

I'd prefer the CAMRA beardy version, tbh. 

Revisiting earlier memories and finding this on Youtube of Graham Mack (the "Mack Attack") on BRMB.  He cracked me up :crylaugh:.

"Does the name Longbridge mean anything to you...can you also mention 2 world wars and 1 world cup" as he phones the BMW Chief Exec amongst many other classics. 

Edited by trekka

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Funny thing, despite the time of year everytime I've been to Nottingham beer festival it's been a lovely sunny day, and the people I used to go with who had been going there for longer say the same. 

It ought to be odds on for shit weather. 

Yet Download is just down the road, and is a disaster each June.

5 hours ago, bickster said:

1. Flip flops are dangerous

2. Why is he trying to dive under the car? Jump up FFS, damage the car not your head

1. Agree

2. I think he slips on a wet patch/oil? 

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I absolutely love beer, but beer festivals don't appeal to me one little bit. 

I've been to a few and loved them. Then again i've been with my mates and we'd have a good laugh anywhere so I guess its purely the company. 

20 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My daughter has put in the fridge some "vegan special cookies" that I need to stay away from. Wonder why?

Crumble them up so they proper crumble through crumble through and insert then into your unfettered arsehole.

When your daughter walks in just say...

Im disabled.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

You mean like this?

My god.  Apparently this was deliberate. His mate was driving the car. He was supposed to jump on the bonnet but slipped.  Only suffered minor injuries which I would say is extremely lucky. 

The **** stupid things people do for a bit of viral fame. 

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My god.  Apparently this was deliberate. His mate was driving the car. He was supposed to jump on the bonnet but slipped.  Only suffered minor injuries which I would say is extremely lucky. 

In which case I wish he'd hurt himself more! 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

They do that here in Perth.Its called "car surfing" Saw it on the news here last week,a guy was on the bonnet of his mates car going really fast when the car braked,the guy on the bonnet was thrown off and landed in the gutter.He was un-concious and had to go to hospital. 

Billy Connolly on Graham Norton on Friday night.  From what he said he is obviously suffering physically but from his appearance he looks well and his mind seems fine. I'm sure he could sit on stage in a comfy armchair and have an audience in stitches. Was good to hear from him. 

• Like 1

Â