Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Billy Connolly on Graham Norton on Friday night.  From what he said he is obviously suffering physically but from his appearance he looks well and his mind seems fine. I'm sure he could sit on stage in a comfy armchair and have an audience in stitches. Was good to hear from him. 

Never liked him after his Ken Bigley "wish they'd get on with it" remark.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Anthony said:

Coming back to VT after several years off. Seeing the old names still posting, as well as the old threads still going.

After having a bit of a hiatus, Anthony heads over to On Topic to see how everyone is…

• Like 1

On 17/10/2021 at 12:35, Anthony said:

Coming back to VT after several years off. Seeing the old names still posting, as well as the old threads still going.

To be fully back in the fold you need to answer the all important question.

Is it acceptable behaviour to have gravy with fish and chips?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Chips yes, fish no.

Did I get it right?

Doubt anyone here will tell me...

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m on holiday, one of them proper ones that you fly to and then enjoy sunshine, beer and chill for a while.

Its immense, I can see why they used to be so popular. I’m on about my 8th all inclusive San Miguel of the afternoon.

Weather is forecast to be gash here all week! 

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Chips yes, fish no.

Did I get it right?

Doubt anyone here will tell me...

Oh I'm sure that you'll be told again and again and again and at the end of that it'll still be going on. You could probably leave for three years and it'd still be going on when you get back. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm still at home a the minute but will be in the countryside a few miles out of Swaffham later this week. I'll head up to the coast when i'm there (about 25 miles to Hunstanton and surrounding areas). Forecast isn't great but its still a break and a chance to relax and sample the local ales

9EVqNQQ.jpeg

@AvfcRigo82 

Spent my formative years just outside Swaffham and my mum still lives that way. If you want any tips, ask.

If you like ale, then Beeston Brewery's Worth the Wait is fantastic. If you don't like ale, then Beeston Brewery's Worth the Wait is fantastic.

Failing that, try Woodforde's Wherry. They keep a good pint at the Lifeboat in Thornham.

Dabbling Duck at Massingham is a lovely pub.

Oh yeah, mobile reception round there is terrible. If you're going to rely on Google maps, download all of Norfolk offline while you're on wifi.

Oh, and an old schoolfriend of mine does sailboat trips out of Wells next the Sea. Another beautiful place. Look up the Coastal Exploration Company.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm still at home a the minute but will be in the countryside a few miles out of Swaffham later this week. I'll head up to the coast when i'm there (about 25 miles to Hunstanton and surrounding areas). Forecast isn't great but its still a break and a chance to relax and sample the local ales

9EVqNQQ.jpeg

@AvfcRigo82 

Swaffham is nice, I think from memory Downham Market is over there, of course Wells Next To The Sea is worth going to. Great seal watching area over there. 

My assumption is you won't get as far down to Cromer/Overstrand/Mundesley. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Spent my formative years just outside Swaffham and my mum still lives that way. If you want any tips, ask.

If you like ale, then Beeston Brewery's Worth the Wait is fantastic. If you don't like ale, then Beeston Brewery's Worth the Wait is fantastic.

Failing that, try Woodforde's Wherry. They keep a good pint at the Lifeboat in Thornham.

Dabbling Duck at Massingham is a lovely pub.

Oh yeah, mobile reception round there is terrible. If you're going to rely on Google maps, download all of Norfolk offline while you're on wifi.

Oh, and an old schoolfriend of mine does sailboat trips out of Wells next the Sea. Another beautiful place. Look up the Coastal Exploration Company.

Nice one, cheers. I'm only there for a couple of nights and just about switching off and relaxing! Funny you should mention the Lifeboat Inn, I stayed there a couple of years ago (as well as the Ship Inn, in Brancaster) and do remember the Wherry being very nice. As well as an ale called Nelson as well, I think? Adnams Ghost Ship is ubiquitous around those parts as well :) 

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Swaffham is nice, I think from memory Downham Market is over there, of course Wells Next To The Sea is worth going to. Great seal watching area over there. 

My assumption is you won't get as far down to Cromer/Overstrand/Mundesley. 

I did look at places in Mundesley (Ship Inn) and Overstrand (White Horse) but will probably try there when the weather is better and I have more time away. I have a few jobs to do at the start of this week, which means I won't be going away until Wednesday. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â